Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Real Moms

Real moms can't walk to the bathroom without tripping over toys:

Day 7: As I walk through the valley of cars... and trains... and tracks


Once they are in the bathroom, real moms can never be alone:

Day 12: What Not To Expect


Of course, they never sleep alone:

Day 10: Boy's Mommy


Real moms have magical hands that can turn tears to giggles in an instant:

Day 11: This hand


And while they love the giggles, they sometimes wake early to enjoy the quiet:

Day 25- Me time


Real moms play on the swings....

Day 23:  Playing hooky rules!


... and on your ponies...

Day 15: Giddy up!


... and in your ball pits...

Day 17: Ballsy


... and in your tunnels...


Day 66: Tunnel o' Me



Real moms love whoever invented the portable DVD player:


Day 31: So Happy Together



And they don't get mad when you turn yourself into your own art canvas... they take pictures, instead:

Day 44: Don't turn your back for a second


Real moms want their pre-pregnancy body back but know you are so totally worth it:

Day 65: I am a soldier



Real moms are sexy:

Day 67:  Just done workin' out aka "MILTSNAOTOFAFBATGALCWUSWMATLGEGOP" Tuesday



Real moms feel lonely:

Day 24- Don't feel like being a mom today


Real moms feel joy:


Day 96: There's a reason for the world...



Real moms feel sad when they realize that you are growing up... and there is nothing we can do to stop you:


Day 102- Ages and Stages


Real moms love to dance with you in their arms.... more... than... you... will... ever... know:

Day 68: My Sweethearts


Sometimes real moms get a late night out:

Day 72: Later suckas!!!!!!


Real moms love their early morning wake up kisses.... even when they don't love the early morning:

Day 74: Didn't know I could hope for


Real moms know there are not enough hours in the day:

Day 13: Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me


Reals moms put kids above a clean house:

Day 80: Why doing anything takes forever


And real moms make time for the "big kid" in their life:

Day 22: My first attempt at being sexy




Real moms multitask:


Day 9: Multitasking




Real moms will let you watch the same video over and over again:

Day 20: I only have myself to blame


Real moms love their families:

Day 56: Rare Events


Real moms never dreamed life could be this good:

Day 99: For did my dreams, come true when I looked at you


Or their bras could be this bad:

Day 103: Weapons of Mass Lactation



Real moms are....


Day 93: Operation "Make My Neighbors Think I am a Complete Nutjob" is well under way...

Labels:


25 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

I love it. I was wondering if you would catch the fever. I thought of your pictures when this came up. I hope you email it to Motherhood Uncensored. I think it is the best one, yet.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Kind of Crunchy Mama said...

Oh I teared up a little bit. Then LOL when I got to the bra. I soooo relate.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think your Real Mom is my favorite one so far! It was really touching. Thanks for sharing it!

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're hilarious. Love this. So true, girl!

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

De-lurking just to say this is amazing. You've perfectly captured the rollercoaster of motherhood. (And I teared up, too.)

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, so, so true. I love it!

4:18 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

Terrific!

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it. Now, I cannot even attempt this meme. You did it perfectly.

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it. Your pics are amazing and capture it all.

Just love it.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I think this is my favorite post ever. Thank you.

10:37 PM  
Blogger Nichole said...

This is so great. Just when I thought I couldn't possibly like you more ...

10:48 PM  
Blogger Pregnant In Texas said...

I've been following your 365 over on Flickr so I've been fortunate enough to see most of those shots before. I really enjoyed the way that you laid everything out.

I actually had an IM conversation with Dee the other day about how much your art is improving and how much we love watching you evolve through the medium.

It's really beautiful. Thank you.

12:00 AM  
Blogger Farmgirl said...

Another de-lurker here. What a beautiful collection! You have a great blog, I love reading it.

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was awesome. Purely simply awesome.

7:11 AM  
Blogger karrie said...

Love this Amanda!

Go to the Real Moms page and add your URL in the comments or e-mail it to Kristen.

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome!

2:19 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

Love this!

2:26 PM  
Blogger AMANDA said...

Wow~ You nailed it all on the head! And I have to admit, the words and photos are so beautiful and true that it brought tears to my eyes.

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful!

8:42 PM  
Blogger jenica said...

love, luff, lurve this.

1:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is the best post i ever read on internet. promise me that you print this and make a book of it!

3:46 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

Love this post -- such great pictures too! Awesome!

7:49 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I love this post! Sincerely! Like I need another blog to try and keep up with- thanks. ;)

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You completely hit the nail on the head! All so true, so very true, even the lonely, joyful and the bra part! As a mom of 5 (yes, I nursed them all, just imagine what my boobs look like!), I love your perspective!

Wonderful shots too!

4:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Absolutely wonderful, Amanda! The photos are beautiful and the captions were touching. ;)

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home