Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Monday, July 03, 2006

This, that, or the other

Hmmmmm, not sure which is more concerning:

1. My new office mate was playing her iPod this morning and I really liked a catchy little pop ditty so I asked her who was singing. "Gwen Stefani?" I asked. "No. Paris Hilton." She replied. I told her she could have my lunch and my 401k if we kept that exchange between the two of us.

2. I now share extremely close quarters for four hours daily, 5 days a week with someone who downloads Paris Hilton songs. On purpose. Not on accident or as a joke. Not because someone anonymously subjected her to the earworm that is Paris Hilton's new song and forced her to download it so she could take her i-Pod to work and spread the musical infestation to others. But because she likes Paris Hilton's music.

3. In an e-mail with a subject line "DO IT???????", (Do what? I excitedly thought to myself as I clicked on the e-mail. Go shopping? Go out to eat? Give the kids away to gypsies? Do what, do what, do what!?!) the husband wrote the 8 little words every overworked mom is just dying to read:

Um.....Any chance we can do it tonight????? {smiley face emoticon, smiley face emoticon}

Well, he would have had a chance if it weren't for the smiley face emoticons. Apparently the husband thinks nothing screams "I wanna sex you up" like smiley face emoticons.

Officially a mom moment- e-mail becomes foreplay


2 Comments:

Blogger Just Passing By said...

I"ve gotten the text message "I'm read". Romantic huh?

8:30 PM  
Blogger Just Passing By said...

I'm ready, Gawwwwww

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home