Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Building Baby a la Babycenter

One thing I love about Babycenter.com are those little weekly updates they send me when I'm pregnant. Sign up for these e-mails and you can receive a step by step account of what your little bean (or whatever you choose to call it) is doing and how it is growing. They also allow me to give a really detailed account when someone asks "so, what'd you do today?". I can answer with great certainty that "well, today, I grew intestines that now potrude into the umbilical cord" or "today I made myelin to cover the new nervous system I'm growing". It really helps me to feel important when to an outsider it may appear that I have been surfing the net eating Cheetos all day but little do they know.

When I was 14 weeks pregnant, Lloyd had the audasity to state that he was working harder than me at home and at work and I had no right to be tired since HE was the one who should be tired. (insert Dr. Evil inflection) Rrrrrriiiiigggghhhhhhtttttt. (end Dr. Evil inflection) Is that so, buddy? You landed a few planes and unloaded the dishwasher. I grew a functioning liver that now secretes bile. How you like them apples??? Thank you Babycenter.

Of course, one of the downsides of being pregnant is stumbling across cheesy songs like this:

http://www.hit-country-music-lyrics.com/Billy-Dean-little.html

and having no choice but to listen to it over and over again while I cry into my bag of Cheetos.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home