Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Monday, March 20, 2006

Officially that mom

I didn’t get to share my joy yesterday as Lloyd took most of the day off and was hogging the computer when we were at home but I would like to announce that I AM OFFICIALLY THE MOM I HATE!!

Let me explain. It may seem so simple and commonplace to most of you but yesterday something happened at Target that has never happened before. Something I never dared to dream would happen actually happened. Something I thought only happened to moms who God smiled upon. Something I have seen many, many times but never personally experienced. Something I have looked at filled with jealousy and anger because I was not able to experience it for myself. My day has finally come.

I am officially a mom to a baby who will sleep in a stroller!

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Please, hold your applause until the end of the blog entry.

First and foremost, I would like to thank the fine folks at Graco for making the stroller and secondly, I would like to thank Lloyd for taking Gavin all the way to the other side of the store so I could shop in peace. Of course, I have to thank God for giving me my beautiful, easy-going, laid-back, stroller-sleeping daughter and realizing that after giving me Gavin, my blood pressure would not be able to take another one like him.

So I was walking around the store checking out the big tank top sale (I live in strappy tanks when it is warm out) and Grace kind of started fussing. I actually thought about bringing her into the store in the Bjorn but now that she weighs 20% of my own body weight, toting her around in the Bjorn is not getting an easier. Besides, I wanted to try on clothes. I started cursing myself for not bringing her in the Bjorn because I hate strollers and I figured that like when Gavin was a baby, I would wind up carrying a screaming baby while pushing a stroller throughout the store. Anyhoo, I finished looking through the rack and I turned around to “ssssshhhhh sssssshhhhh ssssshhhhh” her and lo and behold, my baby girl was asleep. Right there, still sitting straight up in the stroller under the bright fluorescent lights was mine and Lloyd’s offspring sleeping in a stroller. I didn’t think it was possible for us to produce such a creature capable of such an imaginable feat. I held my head high and shopped for about 45 minutes while countless people oohhhhed and ahhhhed over my sleeping baby. I was the mom of a baby sleeping in a stroller and able to shop until my heart was content.

I didn’t have the camera with me so no shot of the Goose sleeping but just so you have a frame of reference, this was Gavin at 9 months the second his butt hit the stroller:

Image hosting by Photobucket


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah Grace! It's so nice to be able to shop in peace!! I'm a firm believer that God doesn't give us more than we can handle...that's why my second daughter is so mellow. I would have serious blood pressure problems (not to mention mental problems)if my second was like my first!

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home