Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Saturday, July 08, 2006

The difference

I came home from work yesterday to find the husband sitting in a darkened living watching The Sopranos and the kids playing int he family room. I'm not hip to The Sopranos having never found the time or desire to watch the complete box set. The husband, on the other hand, has developed a deep and passionate love affair with the series. He even made spaghetti last night "just like how they do it on the Sopranos". I had no idea the Sopranos was part HBO mob drama and part Food Network Cooking Italian.

I bypassed the living room to allow Lloyd more alone time with Tony and the gang and went straight to the other room to play with the kiddos. I could here the Sopranos- f-bombs and violence galore- from the other room. I yelled to the husband that I couldn't believe he watched that in front of the kids to which he replied that they are never in the same room when he watches it. I guess he failed to take into account the fact that sound travels and that our television and sofa are NOT encased in a sound proof booth. But I let it slide anyway.

I started doing a little housework which later brought me into the living room where Lloyd was still on the couch and Gavin was standing inches away from the television screen watching a scene in which one man is lying on top of another man choking him.

"Great." I told Lloyd. "When Gavin lies on top of Grace and tries to choke her to death we'll know where he got it from."

"He already tries to choke her to death so what difference does it make?"

"The difference is that now I can blame YOU when he tries to do it."


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home