Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Monday, September 11, 2006

1825 Days

How many times do I have to watch the first plane crash into the World Trade Center before I stop wishing, hoping, praying, begging that this time... just this once... for all the wives, husbands, fathers, mothers, friends, sisters, brothers... for all the babies... that the plane will suddenly turn away from the Tower and not crash into it. That the Tower won't swallow the speeding airplane in one fiery and furious instant.

Then the second plane. I watched this crash happen live 5 years ago today. I was in a dentist chair, gurgling and pointing for the hygienist to turn and look at the television. I've seen it thousands of times over again in the past 1,825 days. I know how it ends. I know that it, too, has the same fate as the first plane but I can't help but internally plead for it to turn away. For almost an instant I believe that there is a chance that it won't hit the Tower. That somehow and somewhere, someone makes it happen. But it doesn't... it never does.

The two Towers stand burning. I know what it about to happen. I know they are going to fall. I watch the burning Towers and I beg for the people to run. I know how it ends but I think that maybe this time... just this once... please... haven't these people been through enough... the Towers won't fall. Don't fall, don't fall, don't fall. But they fall.

I watch people die.

DAMMIT!!!!!!



Thinking of you Nikki G.

Labels: ,


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so sad isnt it? I cannot watch without feeling pain. Knowing that, at that moment so many people felt terror, and hopefully peace.

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home