Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Monday, September 18, 2006

Under construction

I switched over to Blogger beta this morning and I'm still trying to work out the kinks. While I am thrilled with the addition of "labels" over on the sidebar (or categories, to some of you folks), and I hope this makes my blog much easier to navigate once I get all the posts caught up to speed, I am having a couple of problems.

Where the "republish button" should be there is a "moderate comments" button. Since I can't "republish", I can't take advantage of many of the changes. Also, I am suddenly unable to leave comments on other blogs. Karrie, this means you!

I have e-mailed blogger for assistance and I have read page after page of "Help Q&A's" and I am at a loss for right now. Any other Blogger beta folks out there? Can you help a blogger out?

ETA: I am a complete and total moron. I apparently need to brush up on my ability to read AND comprehend the English language. There is no "republish" on Blogger beta- just one of the many changes with Blogger beta I can take advantage of.

Labels:


7 Comments:

Blogger karrie said...

Oh. Nooooooo!

I need to discuss the Beta thing with James. We may switch too if it means we'll lose the ability to chat with those who have made the switch.

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok -- how did you switch? Do you need to be invited? Weer you notifed? I want Beta!!!!

8:07 PM  
Blogger Amanda. said...

I wasn't notified but on the dashboard there was a little box that asked if I wanted to switch and I was all "ummm, yeah" so I clicked it and 4 hours later I was triong to figure all this crap out.

I LOVE the labels but I don't want to upgrade my template just yet (I sort of like my template and I'm not ready to start over) so that does not allow me to enjoy all the perks but hopefully this weekend the kids will nap and I will have some time to work it all out.

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't switch -- we are a "team blog"

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did you get the lables link on the side of your blog without changing the template??? Why can't I do that??? I can label, but don't know how to get it into the sidebar...

To post comments, I use *other* and just leave my name and website, instead of doing it in Blogger. That works.

Welcome to Beta!!!

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I added the labels into the sidebar manually. I know it would be much easier to just upgrade and get my labels automatically via the template but I'm resisting change at the moment.

Basically, go to your template and under the sidebar, manually add the links. I did label name

And then I put breaks in between them.

Kelly, what's a team blog?

12:45 PM  
Blogger Amanda. said...

I switched from the original blogger.

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home