Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Goose is two

I swear, I'm taking Goose turning two much harder than I ever took me turning thirty... and well, considering it didn't bother me a bit to hit the big 3-0 (I'm like fine wine, baby), one could say that the Goose turning two is hitting me pretty hard.

MY BABY IS TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

MAKE IT ALL SLOW DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whew.... now that I have THAT out of my system.

I just can't believe "my baby" and "two years old" even go together in the same sentence. I look forward to watching her grow and change and mature but for some reason- perhaps because she is the youngest... or perhaps because she it still nursing- I view her as being such a... well... baby.

Two trips around the sun does not a baby make.

Sigh.

We did have a great day today. While I worked a half day, the husband took the kiddos to the park, zoo, and McDonald's where they all had a blast. When I came home from work I meant to use the time getting ready for the Goose's second birthday party on Sunday but instead I napped in bed with the husband and the Gavinator while Goose napped in her room.

We all woke up and enjoyed a dinner at Red Robin where the kids got free ballons and a visit from the Red Robin itself (Goose fell in love with Red Robin! She hugged and kissed him and dude will not stop talking about it. As soon as she got home she picked up her fake phone and began to tell whoever was on the other end "hug, kiss, Robin. Hug, kiss, Robin". I see she's the type to kiss and tell) but no free birthday cake. I was bummed about not getting a birthday freebie so I took another balloon. Take that Red Robin!

We then went downtown and listened to some good music while the kiddos munched on Marble Slab ice cream and chased a bunch of other kids around in the green space- an awesome patch of grass in the middle of our downtown. Unfortunately, the Goose took off running on the sidewalk and crashed and burned and wound up with a giant fat lip but she recovered nicely. Some motrin and time with Boo Boo Bunny (a frozen bunny rabbit used to reduce swelling) once we got home made it all better. I was afraid it would affect her nursing to have a lip three times its usual side with a giant cut to boot but she was able to nurse without problem.

An awesome day for my awesome girl.

I'm too tired to upload pics from our day but here is my photo tribute entitled "Where This Road Takes You, My Dear". (Click to enlarge) This photo says all that I am too tired to say:

Where this road takes you, my dear

Happy Birthday, my sweet, sweet wonderful girl. Thank you, God.

Labels: , ,


6 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

Happy Birthday Goose!

Zach hits #2 on Tuesday and I'm not feeling so hot about that either! It is amazing how fast it all flies by.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

Happy Birthday Miss Grace!

I LURVE that picture. Beautiful. Amazing how a picture can say so very much. It reminds me of the dong "I Hope You Dance" for some reason...

My "baby" is three and a half. The "new" baby is almost 20 weeks. 40 weeks is way too long to be pregnant.....

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Goose. It'll be ok mom!

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Goose!

Gorgeous picture, Amanda! (As always...)

11:12 AM  
Blogger Christie said...

you are freaking hilarious! i love your header and your writing is awesome. glad to have found you.

christieincal on flickr

2:19 AM  
Blogger Linka72 said...

Wow, I have that VERY SAME OUTFIT in my closet..the husband is embarassed by it though..he's stupid.

Happy Birthday Queen Goose!!!!!

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home