Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Monday, January 23, 2006

Happy Birthday, Bird!

This is post is one day late but I wanted to wish a very happy 33rd.... I mean 25th... birthday to the most awesome, wonderful, sweet, sexy, and amazing man in my life. I had Saturday planned for us but as usual, the kids ruined it. Saturday night they refused to stop screaming and Lloyd fell asleep on the floor in Gavin's room and I fell asleep in the living room rocking Grace. Ahhhhh, the romance is alive in our house, isn't it? Of course, it isn't like we had a rockin' birthday bash planned. Since I couldn't find anyone to watch the monsters we were going to get Outback to go, put back a few drinks, play a game of strip Trivial Pursuit (when horny geeks collide, a new game is born), and pay hommage to the IUD. Anyhoo, after Saturday night we decided to let Gavin scream in his room, let Grace sleep in her swing, and head off any problems at the pass. It worked!

It was also nice to have a weekend at home with my husband. He usually works weekends so this was a treat. It was very interesting to watch his parenting in action. Granted, we are both home together every evening but he is usually so sick to death of the monsters by the time I get home from work that he lets me take the reigns as soon as I walk in the door. I must say that Lloyd has perfected the art of lazy parenting. He has invented several games to play with Gavin that revolve around him lying on the floor doing absolutely nothing. My two favorites were "The Bridge"- this is where Lloyd lies on the floor with his legs propped up while Gavin runs excitedly back and forth under his legs- and "Under"- this is where Lloyd lies on the couch and lets Gavin pile blankets on top of him. As the parent who is expected to fly the toddler around like superman for 13 out of his 14 waking hours, I have to say I was jealous and impressed!

Happy Birthday to the most wonderful father and husband in the world! I could not ask for more.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket


2 Comments:

Blogger K said...

Happy Birthday!

7:08 PM  
Blogger Just Passing By said...

I understand so well. I recently turned *cough*thirty*coughcough** and I thought I would hire a babysitter and enjoy a night to myself. Instead, the babysitter came over and I couldn't hand my baby over and leave. So, I hate pie and was asleep before 10.

Nice pic cooking, buy the way!!!

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home