Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Monday, February 13, 2006

Love at first type

I can honestly say I fell in love with my husband the first time I laid eyes on him. He's very pretty, can you blame me? Actually, I pretty sure I started falling in love with him from our very first e-mail. Lloyd and I met online (Yahoo personals.... yeah, we're losers). He had an ad posted and I answered it. I can't remember the specifics of the e-mail I sent him but it something along the lines of "5'7", 125 pounds, Master's degree, did I mention I'm cool? Because I am cool. I'm really cool". Later on I would find out that my "did I mention I'm cool" line was what prompted him to write back to me. After we confessed our undying love for all things Air Supply and laser tag, we made plans for our first date: a movie at my house. He was late and forgot the popcorn but the worst offense was that he drove a Mustang convertible. I would rather he arrived on a Schwinn ten speed with streamers and a bell than on the official redneck car of the state of South Carolina but as soon as he stepped out of the car I knew I was in love and besides, the car could be traded. We spent the night talking and making out and two weeks later he moved in, three months later we were engaged, 5 months later I was pregnant, 8 months later we were married, and 10 months later he traded in the Mustang. The rest, as they say, is history.


3 Comments:

Blogger K said...

I'm all misty! What a wonderful Valentines Day story. Fantastic!

Kelly

PS I met my husband via Salon's personals.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Just Passing By said...

What a nice story. And gives me hope something might come out of my addiction to the internet!!!

11:20 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Very sweet - I met my husband online too.

12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home