Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Because my last post wasn't about sleep

Both kids are napping and I'm typing away at the computer. I know, I'm an idiot. I have succeeded in getting both monsters on the same nap schedule and I'm not taking advantage of it by cathcing a few z's myself but for one, I'm a horrible napper, for two, I must have a daily shower, and for three, I actually got some sleep on Friday night and feel sort of kind of almost human.

Naps really aren't my thing. It is hard for me to shut the brain off and it never fails that the minute I catch that train to Sleepytown a kid wakes up screaming. If I'm awake they are sure to sleep for several hours and I would rather have a few hours of kidless bliss than 5 minutes of sleep. So sue me. As far as the shower thing, I may stay in my pajamas all day but they are clean pajamas and the body underneath is clean. I also must wear eye makeup and earrings at all times but that is a totally different post. I feel especially strong about not skipping the daily shower since I'm nursing the Goose. I mean, I washed Gavinator's bottles daily, right? You wouldn't want your milk out of a less than fresh boob, would you? Don't answer that you freaky internet, you.

Then there was Friday night- also known as the most sleep I have gotten since June 19, 2005 night. Grace has been blessing us by falling asleep quickly and quietly in her cosleeper at 7:00 with zero interventions. No rocking and no nursing necessary. She cuddles up next to Magenta (the lesser known Blue's Clues puppy) and she is out. She consistently wakes up at 10:00 pm screaming her head not really wanting to nurse or sleep. She can be rocked back to sleep but then wakes up as soon as she is put back down. Well, on Friday at 10:00 Lloyd put her in the swing where she slept until about 2:00 am when she woke up wanting to nurse. I put her in bed with me and nursed her on and off until about 6:30 then I put her back in her swing and she fell right back to sleep. I crashed on the couch totally forgetting there was another monster awake in his own bedroom. The Gavinator took one for the team. Poor kid was stuck in his room with a pee-filled Huggies overnight and no food or drink for several hours. He managed to break out of his room at 8:30 and I awoke to a naked two and a half year old standing above my sleeping body saying "uh-oh". I can't believe I forgot to check on him and I can't believe I didn't wake up considering he trashed his room and knocked all his furniture over.

When I woke up I felt refreshed, alive, and I swear I could see better! I have horrible vision. I got glasses when I was 7 and contacts when I was 11 and I went to the eye doctor on Thursday because I felt as though my vision has drastically changed since Grace was born. Well, it hasn't. I only went from a -11 to a -11.5 (side note: I also found out I am too nearsighted for Lasix eye surgery and I'm totally bummed). I was dumbfounded. It turns out, lack of sleep makes the eyes not see so good because I could see on Saturday. Grace sleeps and the blind can see again. Hallelujah! Praise God. I knew it would be a miracle when I got some sleep but I didn't know it would be a miracle miracle.

Anyhoo, last night wasn't so good but the poor thing has a cold. I'm only focusing on the positive for this post (that and my penchant for eye make-up and earrings) and sucking green snot out of your daughter's nose at 3:00 am and sleeping with a 22 pound infant on my chest does not count as a positive so I'm going to stop right here.

Go Steeler's!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home