Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

G-mail #9

Hey ya’ll! I’m nine months old! Only three more months until I’m the big 0-1! I can hardly stand it! Mommy rolled over yesterday morning and wished me a happy nine month birthday and told me it was time to get a job. She’s kidding, right? Right? I mean, I’m only nine months old. Unless there is a high demand for baby fat harvesters or poop distributors or adult-waker-uppers then I don’t think I’m qualified for anything. She’s gotta be kidding.

This past month has been good to me. I’m still growing like a weed. A very fat weed, but a weed nonetheless. I can’t crawl yet but I’m trying. I can get on my hands and knees but when I try to move my arms usually slip out from under me and I usually take a header into the carpet or the toy I’m trying to get to. Owie! My forehead is all banged up. If you ask me, I think this crawling stuff is highly overrated. Who wants to crawl when I can butt walk? I love to get around by butt walking. Mommy says I look like I’m on a rowing machine when I do it and I am really, really, really good at it. Sometimes I get going so fast that I catch some air! I can pretty much get to wherever I want to go. Watch out world! Big brother likes to play a game with me where he’ll make me butt walk to a toy and then right when I get to it he moves it and then he’ll let me get to the toy and then he moves it again. He can do this all day. I like chasing him and he likes being chased. Mommy and daddy are happy because it keeps us busy! We like to take it easy on mommy and daddy sometimes. Not all the time, though. We gotta keep ‘em on their toes. If they think this is tough, wait until we’re teenagers. You know what I’m sayin’?

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket


Big brother is still my bestest friend. We have such a good time together. He makes me laugh and laugh and laugh. He does the silliest things like throw blankets over my head and spit all over me. Sometimes he can be really sweet and he’ll bring me toys and let me play with his toys but sometimes not. He is a bit finicky but he is always awesome. He finally has a name for me! He calls me “Baby”! Isn’t that the most precious thing you’ve ever heard? I’m sure he’ll have lots of not so nice names for me as we grow older so I’m enjoying being called “Baby” by my big bro. I have finally moved out of the infant tub into the big person tub and big bro and I even take our baths together. He usually waits to start splashing until I get out of the tub but sometimes he doesn’t. Depends on how tired I am but sometimes I think he is funny when he splashes and sometimes he makes me mad!

Image hosting by Photobucket


I’m starting to like solid food more and more. My favorite foods are prunes, peaches, bananas, and cheese but my favorite-est food of all is mommy’s milk. I’m nursing a little less these days to make way for the big people food but milk is still where it’s at! A week or so ago I got to try Cheerios for the first time and they rock! I can pick them up but I can’t quite figure out how to put them in my mouth. That’s right. I have developed a pincer grasp! They are so yummy! Big brother sometimes helps me with the O’s. What really helps me out with the whole eating thing is that I finally have TWO teeth! They’re just kind of sort of pooping through on the bottom in the middle but they are there. Just ask mommy!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket


We’ve really been enjoying some of the spring-like weather here. Mommy and daddy have taken me and big brother to the park a couple of times. I mostly sit and watch but I love being outside in the sunshine. Heck, I even like being outside when it’s not sunny. It gives me a chance to drive my car.

Image hosting by Photobucket


I also started sleeping in my own room this week. I made it until 2:00 am the other night before getting into bed with mommy and I made it until midnight last night. I know mommy needs to stretch out and have her space so she can get her much, much needed beauty rest but she’s my snuggle bug and I love to nurse all night long! I can’t help it!! I’m getting better and moving into my own room was a big step.

Well, as most of you know, I’m heading to West Virginia next week. I can’t wait to see all my family and meet all the new babies! Me, Christian, Jake, Brody, Patrick, and Gabriel are totally going to hang like drapes. We’re going to have such a good time. Gavin his looking forward to seeing his future wife, Isabella, and we can’t wait to see all the new stuff Emma can teach us. Mommy will send out the details of our trip over the weekend.

Well, that’s all from here. Another busy month in the life of the Goose. Mommy and daddy are great. They celebrated their third wedding anniversary and we all spent the day together on Sunday. Family rules.

I love and miss you all.

GEH.


Image hosting by Photobucket


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 9 months Grace!!

I have to say this line - "He does the silliest things like throw blankets over my head and spit all over me." made me laugh out loud! Gotta love brothers!

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 9 months! I swear I've never seen cuter baby cheeks before. Love the nursing pic.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home