Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Thursday, August 10, 2006

ME!

I did something for me tonight!! For me!!! For me and only me!

Did I go shopping? Noooooooo...

Did I go out on the town? Nooooooo...

Did I get a manicure/pedicure combo? Noooooo... but it would have been nice...

I bet you're just dying to know what exciting, blog-post worthy thing I did that was just for me and only me!!!

Ok, maybe it's not that exciting and perhaps not that blog-post worthy but it's my blog and I'm making a post about it so there you have it.

I played tennis tonight with one of my coworkers! One of the coworkers I went downtown with about a month ago.

What? You didn't know I played tennis? Yeah, well, neither did I but I own a racquet, I've watched Wimbledon a time or two, AND I saw that Enrique Iglesias music video starring Anna Kournikova a couple of times so I figured that's all I needed take up tennis as a hobby.

I had so, so, so, so much fun. I bathed the kids and put them to bed and went and met my friend at the local recreation center near my house. Granted, we both sucked (I think she sucked worse, though... perhaps she isn't a fan of Enrique Iglesias) BUT the more you suck at tennis, the more of a workout you get while trying play tennis and when it is all said and done, working out and getting out of the house are my ultimate goal.

The people there who could actually play were just standing there hitting balls back and forth but my friend and I showed them how it was really done. The best way to describe our tennis playing is to imagine if golf and baseball got together and had a baby. That baby- that half golf, half baseball baby- would be our version of tennis. I even yelled "FOUR" a couple of times to warn the folks 4 courts down that one of our balls were heading their way. We were running after balls like a baseball player around the diamond and whacking balls so hard that if there had been a hole somewhere, I have no doubt we would have finished under par.

We were that good.

I had fun.

I was out of the house, spending time with someone who doesn't see me as a milk machine or someone who can spin them around for hours on end, and doing my part to get in shape and get rid of these last few pregnancy pounds.

I'm sure there are people out there who would wonder what alternate universe a person must live in to see an hour of playing tennis with a coworker as "me time" or something to be ecstatic over.

Eh. Those people must not have kids.

Labels: ,


2 Comments:

Blogger karrie said...

Fun!

I played when I was younger and single. Its been a few years since I've picked up a racquet, but I was good . I used to play with one of the guys I worked with and we would hit so hard that we'd split tennis balls..lol. Good times.

If there is a wall, either one made for tenns warmups or just a largeish brick one with an unused parking lot around you, go on your own and volley against the wall. Such a good stress reliever!

Sorry for rambling on. I think its time I bought a new racquet.

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love playing tennis. No formal training, of course.

I must be the biggest nerd, because I cant wait until the kids are in school and I can take tennis lessons.

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home