Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

HOA: I know what the "A" stands for

HOA: Homeowner's Association, right?

Wrong.

Homeowner's is right but the "A" stands for something else. It starts with an "ass" but instead of ending in "ociation", it ends in a "hole".

I mentioned my HOA drama in a previous entry and spoke of the old retired dude who everyone hated" but what I failed to mention was his name.

His name is Raymond.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Apparently the rednecks are not only a vindictive bunch but they are also proficient in sign-making and plays on words related to pop culture. Although I really don't think the ' before the "s" was necessary, I think their point was made. Unfortunately it was made only a brief walk from my house.

I can't believe this garbage is going on in my neighborhood. I'm only thankful that my children are too young to really grasp what is going on. I am enjoying a good chuckle but I am bothered because both the rednecks and Raymond are raising children old enough to be aware of this insanity and possibly be influenced as to this is how adults handle their problems.

Between this and my my morning Dixie Chick debacle, I am seriously considering looking for a quiet piece of country land somewhere in the New Englad area of the US.

On a more positive note, I have FINALLY figured out how to upload video so enjoy this clip of the Goose showing off her sweet vocabulary skills!

Labels:


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG maybe it is b/c it's after midnight but that sign is absolutely hilarious. Very, very bad example of course though ;)

12:31 AM  
Blogger Pregnant In Texas said...

I also think that sign is hilarious and agree with you that the word, "like" didn't need to be possessive by adding an apostrophe s.

Grace is adorable and so verbal. Zac is just a little bit younger than her and can only say "da" and "na". He constantly babbles, but it is nothing compared to your little orator!

12:11 PM  
Blogger karrie said...

You should counter-attack with a sign of your own. Maybe a little flashing neon Gaucho Lover warning?

If you head north, put the emphasis on countryside you will not have to deal with idiots who screw with your parking spot. (My rant of the day.)

12:54 PM  
Blogger karrie said...

I forgot to comment on G2! She's really advanced verbally. Wow!

12:56 PM  
Blogger K said...

Love the video. She is adorable and so blonde -- I don't realize how blonde her hair was from the other photos. Just to cute. Really -- I want to drive down and bite her. On the way back I am taking a jar of white out to that dumb-ass Raymond sign.

True story -- our neighborhood goofball had a "Bush Chaney 2004" sign.

Really.

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home