Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Discharged

I don't have the time or the energy to devote to the creation of an entry worthy of the overhwelming emotions I am feeling RIGHT now.

I will say this, though (and there is more to come later!):

GAVIN WAS DISCHARGED FROM SPEECH AND PHYSICAL THERAPY TODAY!!!!!

No, not because they have some sort of policy that on the one millionth tantrum in 30 minutes the child must be discharged (but if they did he would have been discharged like 6 months ago) but because GAVIN IS AGE APPROPRIATE!!! This isn't some therapist mumbo jumbo, either. The changes in in the Gavinator over the past few months are astonishing to say the very least.

We have gone from autism to autism spectrum to sensory integration disorder to obsessive complusive to severely delayed to moderately delayed and everywhere in between but here we are! Here he is. I am so happy for my boy.

So happy.

Labels: ,


8 Comments:

Blogger Abby said...

YEA!!!! I remeber reading about this on BBC. You had better post over there about it.....so ahppy for you all! Take care!

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What wonderful news! I'm so happy for you!! Go Gavin!!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Pregnant In Texas said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and Gavin and hope that you share your feelings with us (and his progression) as soon as you feel up to it.

11:46 AM  
Blogger alimum said...

Oh that is such great news!

2:22 PM  
Blogger Amanda. said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Apparently, peeing on one's sister is A-ok in the world of speech/physical therapy!

I will hopefully have the time this weekend to devote a post to the awesomeness that is my Gavinator's progress!

I don't think I could be any prouder!

10:02 PM  
Blogger K said...

Whoohoo!

10:31 PM  
Blogger zozosmamma said...

Yeah!!! Good work Gavin and mommy and daddy!!!

9:20 AM  
Blogger Just Passing By said...

Awesome!!!!!!!!!

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home