Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

About being a mom

The thing with being a mom is that I won't always be the center of her universe. I won't always be her first choice for nourishment, comfort and for love.

She will grow and change.

She will hate me and maybe even wish she had never been born.

She will make friends.

She will fall in love.

She will hurt.

I will want to hurt for her.

She will know only my unconditional love.

I will be her mama, her mother, her mom.

I will be her friend and perhaps even her foe.

One thing is for sure... I will embarrass her.

She may not truly understand until she becomes a mother that who I am to her may change, while she will always be the same.

To me.

She will always be my baby.

I am blessed.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Labels: , , ,


5 Comments:

Blogger zozosmamma said...

perfect.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

Ack seems we are having some of the same thoughts. My daughter lost her first tooth last night. Yikes. They grow up too fast....

10:47 AM  
Blogger K said...

Just lovely. Lovely.

Ok -- so I already have baby lust. Now I want a baby girl, like tomorrow.

Thanks Amanda. ;-)

4:03 PM  
Blogger Amanda. said...

I am having major baby lust, too! Argh! I am still so, so misty-eyed over my baby turning one and now she is already 13 months! Plus, Gavin is talking and really turning into a little boy!

They need to make a patch for women to wear to help wean them off of their baby's infancy!!

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful and an even more beautiful photo!

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home