Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Friday, July 21, 2006

His space

I know I am so last year with my my space mania, but the husband is like so last year and two days. He doesn’t even have a my space page. It’s beginning to come between us.

I told the husband that he should create a my space page so he can be cool like me. Unbeknownst to me, he already has one but he is waiting to go public with it until he finds a “really cool page layout”.

First of all, I’m pretty sure there was something in our wedding vows about love, honesty, and the full disclosure of all personal web pages and secondly, is there such a thing as a “really cool my space page layout”?

Oh wait a minute! I know! Does anyone know where the husband can find my space wallpaper with smiley face emoticons and doughnuts?


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe he wouldn't have time to create a myspace page if he was busy getting paid back for a certain pastry.....hhhmmmm????

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man -- didn't mean to bag about the myspace. It's addictive no matter when you join. I think I mock others so that I don't have to think about the fact that I signed up and created a page as kind of a joke and then became completely and utterly obsessed! And yes, my husband thought it was all lame, so I went and created him a page and since he thinks it's dumb, he hasn't logged on to actually delete the page. So everyone thinks he actually really does like Clay Aiken and speaks klingon. Good times.

7:57 PM  
Blogger alimum said...

if you upload the photos of the smiley faces and doughnuts, you can create myspace wallpaper. There is a webiste you go to (can't remember what it is, but I think you can find it through the myspace help links...it's Tommy something or other) and it creates the code you post in the about me section to format your page...but maybe you knew all this?

9:39 PM  
Blogger Amanda. said...

LOL! Mock away, Amy! And no one- I MEAN NO ONE- can bag the Myspace so don't worry about it :) Too funny about your husband's page!

Thanks for the tip, alimum.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

I have a My Spcae page too and MY husband called me a teenager wanting to be cool again. Or something like that. I never thought of creating one in his name and making stuff up.....not that would be good times!

11:49 AM  
Blogger Amanda. said...

Ummm, hello, Abby. Invite me to be your friend already! :)

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melissa -

That is the first step in the MySpace addiction: One, admitting you don't have a problem...YET. You are on the slippery slope to Stalkerville just by speaking the name MySpace out loud. Be warned.

Also, aren't we all just cool grown-up high schoolers in these foreign mom bodies that we're trying to get used to? ;)

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home