Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Monday, September 18, 2006

Gymnasty

So the new gymnastics schedule is not turning out as good as I had hoped.

Sure, the instructor promised me one on one instruction in a parent taught class because there were no other students enrolled in the class-and last week went off without a hitch- this week there were two other students in the class so I was expected to be out there chasing down the Gavinator and making sure none of the older kids opened a can of backhandspring double flip up on his ass.

The husband bowls on Monday night so it is just me and the kiddos. I have to divide my time between stuffing pretzel rods down the Goose's face and entertaining her "a la Bobo the friggin' clown" AND helping Gavin complete the various gymnastic circuits without front-flipping himself off the trampoline into a major head and neck injury.

Did I mention this was all after 9 hours of work, 40 minutes of driving, nursing the Goose three times, putting away laundry, washing a load of clothes, and preparing dinner for two kids who would rather throw all the food on the floor to the chihuahua than take a measly bite?

Good times.

I'll leave you with this: If you have had two vaginal births and are thinking of doing straddle jumps on a trampoline?

Don't. Do. It.

I repeat: Don't. Do. It.

Don't ask.

Labels: ,


6 Comments:

Blogger karrie said...

LOL! I hope nothing fell out, Amanda. I have that sinking sensation myself, even though I'm a section mama.


Btw: you can still visit and comment anonymously and sign your name like Thordora does until we switch or Blogger decides to fix the beta comment issue. Pretty please" :)

7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We ALL know what you are referring to. I remember going to a concert 8 months after the third child and discovering REAL quick that I was not back to my ole' self! when the Hubby oh so asked why I wasn't jumping to the music, i wanted to punch him in the balls and say. "That's why!" Yes, I repeat, DON'T.DO.IT!!!!

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda
So with you on the cpmments. We bought our son a trampoline this summer...
Anyway back to gymanstics I really want to register Jack but the class is all girls and I'm worried he won't join in as a result. Oh and my husband thinks I'm mad...
Kath

4:13 PM  
Blogger Just Passing By said...

Uhm, I've had 2 c/s and yeah, I'm right there.

Right. There.

3:10 AM  
Blogger Amanda. said...

Interesting POV from the c-section mamas. I would think a perk of having the big C would be that you wouldn't feel as though your girlie organs were falling out as you dribbled pee on yourself while you jumped.

How old is Jack? Gavin is the only boy but he doesn't care. I guess he is too young to care.

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda
Jack is five (just). I think he will be ok about being the only boy, its just that his school freinds all chose judo so he understandably wants to do the same. So I guess we'll try judo and see how that goes first. He seems to have so much on I'm loathe to start too many things at the same time.
Kath

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home