Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Love Thursday- The Kiss

Last night I was in a foul mood. I don't know if it is holiday fallout or what but I have been feeling tired and strained and in serious need of some "me time". It all came to a head last night when I was trying to take my self portrait for the Flickr 365 days pool. I had an image in mind for what I was trying to capture- curled up in the fetal position with a forlorn expression on my face- but Grace and Gavin took advantage of my back up in the air and both started climbing on my back and wanting me to "giddy up" because not only am I their mom, I am their personal pony.

I tried to get them off me and raised my voice and told them to just "go away". I mean, I don't ask for much! All I wanted was a few seconds to take a picture for a little hobby 'o mine (and by hobby, I mean obsession) and for the love of all things that are holy, please stop climbing on me and Grace, would you please stop trying to get down my shirt!!!!!

In true kid fashion, they did not heed my request to "go away" and instead, I just chilled the eff out and let them play on me. I'm glad I did. Grace started asking for a kiss (a "diss") and I was able to snap some lovely captures of our kisses. It's not going to be too much longer before she is totally icked out by kisses from her mommy- especially the mouth kisses! It was perfect timing as I had my camera handy. We all snuggled and played and Gavin asked for a "group hug" and sitting there all lovey dovey with the kiddos, my entire mood changed.

Of course, the moment was fleeting. Soon the Goose and the Gavinator began beating the crap out of each other which led to them chasing each other around the house which led to Gavin puking pizza up all over the dining room (anyone know how to get pizza puke stains out of carpet?) which led to the dog peeing in the living room which led to me getting totally stressed out and snapping at the husband which led to me wanting to curl up in the fetal position all over again.

Needless to say the fetal position pic ended up my picture of the day as it best summed up my day 28:

Day 28: I'm Under Here

But were it not for my kiddos, I wouldn't have had these moments captured on film. I wouldn't have had the dark cloud lifted from my soul for even a few precious minutes.


Kissy Goose

Kissy Goose 2 with Gavinator

Kissy Goose Blur


Motherhood- life for that matter- is not always some wondrous and beautiful thing in which every nano second is enjoyed. There are days when the bad outweighs the good... the puke and poop outweights the hugs and kisses... the feelings of "leave me alone" outweigh the feelings of "come a little closer"... the tears outweigh the smiles.

But the amazing thing about motherhood?

There is always sweet, sweet love.

Besides, if it weren't for the dark times, would I really appreciate the light?


Happy Love Thursday.

Labels: , , , ,


7 Comments:

Blogger Abby said...

Excellent Amanda. And too true. I have always said motherhood is exhausting and exhilarating. Both sweet and sour.

Brought tears to my eyes reading your post. And for what it is worth, you might be surprised. Emma is almost seven and she still will give kisses and on the mouth.....

11:18 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Bravo!!!

11:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So nice, Amanda!

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, the whole VanillaSky analogy: "YOu can't taste the sweet, unless you have tasted the bitter."

Beautiful blog, Amanda!

Ps
understand the mood.
Curlytop

8:27 PM  
Blogger Amanda. said...

Thanks you guys!

It means a lot that it struck a chord with you, Abby. Good to know your Emma doesn't mind the mouth kisses at 7!!

Ahhh, Vanilla Sky. One of my favorite flicks. I forgot about that line.

Thanks for commenting :)

9:26 PM  
Blogger san said...

We all have these moments... I am glad they pass.

12:39 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

I like your photos and photoshop stuff. :D

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home