Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Friday, December 22, 2006

I got a fever

And the only prescription is NOT more cowbell!

It's more babies!!!!!

I have a raging case of baby fever. Three of my coworkers are pregnant and they are so stinkin' cute and all curvy and glowy and "baby this" and "baby that". One of them had their big ultrasound to find out the gender (boy) on Tuesday and we watched the video yesterday afternoon and I was practically in tears the entire time remembering my ultrasound videos with the G-unit and the insane amount of excitment that came with seeing the "hotdog" or the "cheeseburger" for the first time. It is amazing that something that resembles a grayish blob at worst and Skeletor at best can be the most amazingly beautiful thing in the world.

Argh. I let one of my coworkers borrow my maternity clothes and I swear, clothes that a mere 2 years ago I bitched about wearing are now the cutest duds EVAH and I just want to be able to wear them again! I have reached out to rub the preggo bellies so many times (yes, I'm one of THOSE annoying people now) that I'm just waiting to be called to Human Resources to be reprimanded for harrassment.

It's not that I don't feel complete right now. I do. I feel very complete. I'm overwhelmed with completeness. I am Mrs. Complety Completedness from the Land of Completia.

I don't even think having another baby would cure the fever. I know that if I did have another baby, once the baby stage came to an end, I would probably be longing to have another baby and then once that baby stage ended, I would long to have another... and another... and another....

I'm sick.

Labels: ,


14 Comments:

Blogger Linka72 said...

Oh no Amanda..you'd be like that lady with 16 kids..(www.duggarfamily.com)is she freakin nuts???
I have to admit that I'm "baby-struck" too...I'm sure people think I'm weird 'cuz I ALWAYS want to smell their baby...not that I aint weird about numerous other things...

10:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Totally relate. And John is no help. He's totally baby-crazy. I just think of the cost of daycare and that pretty well keeps me in check.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

I think it's catching because I seem to have the fever also. My sister just had her ultrasound this week and found out she's having another boy. I'm so anxious I can hardly stand it!

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I very much have the baby fever. I am ready for another baby other than you know finances and getting my body ready but other than that....I'M READY!

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda – Do you plan to have more in the future? We are planning to try again around March. I think I’ll be ready again, but if not we will wait another few months. My husband is ready NOW! HA! Although I am not sure our bank account is ready.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

Me too. The boy will be three in a month.

I love the smell of new babies too! They just have that wonderful smell to them...

I only know one person at this time that is expecting. But over the last year or so I know a TON of people who had babies. They are everywhere.

Makes me a little wistful.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Amanda. said...

No, we're not planning on having any more. We're both scared of the kids out numbering the parents AND we would like to work the same shift sooner than later.

I wanna smell a baby!

WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

4:51 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I can fed ex Sammy to ya, but you better hurry he will be a year old in February.

We are THINKING of having another baby in about a year. I go back and forth. Who knows?

8:03 PM  
Blogger Birth Junkie said...

You're not sick. You are truly a mother and a lover of life.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Amanda. said...

Thanks for the offer, Wendy, but see, I want to be pregnant, too! LOL!

Wow, birth junkie! What a very nice thing to say- you made me tear up! Thank you.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

As soon as I win the lottery so I can afford a giant house and a couple a nannies, I'll make my husband get his stuff reversed so I can give in to baby fever too.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

See, I like having the baby, but not being pregnant.

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the pregnant, and not the babies.

i hate babies, and even I can feel my uterus giggling for more. Sad really.

Good thing I had myself fixed. :)

Hope your holidays were good.

10:47 AM  
Blogger a white rabbit said...

..me too, wanna another one, she's blocking tho..wahhhhhhh

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home