Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Devil in disguise

Gavin's preschool performace was a smashing success! He was fabulous, the food was delicious and I was able to hold back the tears through the entire thing! I'm not holding back tears of sadness- I am just so proud of my boy! Watching him grow combined with seeing him participate in all these "rite of passage" school functions just leaves me dizzy with thoughts of "OMG HE'S NOT A BABY ANYMORE BUT WHO CARES BECAUSE HE IS GROWING UP AND ISN'T IT AWESOME TO WATCH BUT OMG HE ISN'T MY BABY ANYMORE!!!!"

Gavin spotted me coming out of his classroom and he pointed and yelled "MOMMY!!!"

My angel

It was so funny because throughout the whole show the younger kids were pointing out their "mommy" and their "daddy" to all the other kids. Loudly. Like we could hear "yeah, well, there's MY mommy" over the chorus of "Silent Night". I couldn't help but think how many years do we have until the kids start trying to hide who their parents are from their schoolmates!?!


Just like last time, Gavin was more into the clapping than the performing but holy crap when his halo fell off and he couldn't get it back on so he wore it as a boa and then sauntered of the floor wearing his halo boa with his head held high- I nearly peed my pants from holding in the laughter.

(click to enlarge)

Gavin's big performance


Grace liked the cookies. Sure, she liked watching big brother but she liked the cookies more.

Visions of sugar cookies


Preschool teacher #1- Let's get them all hopped up on sugar and then send them home

Preschool teacher #2- BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Preschool teacher #3- Dude, this is gonna be awesome!

HAHAHAHA!

My God. I love this mothering stuff.

Happy Love Thursday!!!!

Labels: , , , ,


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How sweet! They are both growing so fast!

My 4y/o has her Mexican Christmas Fiesta at school next week and all parents/grandparents are invited. I can't wait to hear her rendition of "Police Navidad".(that's how she sings it!LOL) You gotta love the preschool years!

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohmygod! Soooo cute, Amanda! He really did look like a little angel!

3:43 PM  
Blogger Amanda. said...

Police Navidad! HA!

Thanks :)

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home