Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Hot Shakin' Llamas

My sister and her family came down for the day yesterday and the kids had a blast playing. My five year old niece was an absolute hoot. She is at that fun age where her mind is going a bazillion miles a minute and she isn't afraid to share all her cooky thoughts (unlike my almost 8 year old niece who is already exhibiting tween-like 'tude..... as in, I overheard her say "I'm ON the PHONE, Daddy!!!!!).

5 year old niece- "Cool people walk slow!"

Me- "Why do cool people walk slow?"

5 year old niece- "So they don't crap their style."

Me- "Don't you mean cramp their style?"

5 year old niece- "NO! CRAP their style."

Alrighty then. Although she does have a point. I mean, how cool could one be if they walked really fast and crapped their style? I mean, crapping one's style is the most uncool thing I can think of, actually.

She also told a tale of "hot shakin' llamas" (NO! NOT MAMAS) that for the life of me, I could not make heaads or tails out of but I think hot shakin' llamas is the most awesomest phrase ever. If I ever start a band, we will definitely be the Hot Shakin' Llamas.


Blondies

Cousins

(yes, my sister and I are well under way to beginning the next Aryan nation with all of our blond hair, blue-eyes spawn)

Labels: , ,


5 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

I am going to start using that phrase too, instead of Holy Smoke or Shit. It will "Hot Shakin Llamas" what is going on in here?

Very cute kids.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I like "crap their style" better. more of an impact. she's got an edge on sayings, that's for sure. hot shakin' llamas! :o)

reminds me of a story my friend told me the other day. she works at a preschool...

it was a conversation that happened in the classroom:

boy 1: "feliz naughty dog, feliz naughty dog"

boy 2: "those aren't the words, it's 'feliz NOT a dog"

(p.s. I'm sarahsflickr, paying a visit via flickr!)

2:22 PM  
Blogger Vienna said...

I'm with Wendy. "What the Hot Shakin' Llama is going on in here?"

Also: I am crying from laughing. This was awesome.

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"hot shakin' llamas” HAHA! Awesome!
Merry Christmas!!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Amanda. said...

LMAO!

Feliz Naughty Dog... What the hot shakin' llama is going on in here?????????

Thanks for visiting and commenting, Sarah!

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home