Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Friday, January 05, 2007

Photoshop

Here it is- my first photoshop project. Yes, it sucks and it is extremely raw around the edges but I'm happy that I was able to conquer "layers" and "selection" by bringing the blue out of the black and white photo and separating myself from the background. I wanted to place my self on a starry night background but I didn't have the time to figure it out. Or rather, Gavin started drawing all over himself AND the living room wall and I decided my time was better spent elsewhere..... say supervising the boy's own artistic endeavors.

Who wants to tutor me in Photoshop?

Labels:


13 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ohhh... pretty! Your pictures get better and better everyday. I am LOVIN' your 365.

11:46 AM  
Blogger K said...

Cool -- are you using photoshop elements?

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome, as always. The blue of your necklace is very vivid. I think this will look fantastic with a starry background.

If I knew anything about Photoshop I would tell you, but all I know how to do is Auto Contrast lol.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Amanda. said...

Thank you, Venessa. I'm having a lot of fun with the 365!

K- Yes, it is Photoshop Elements 5.

Thank you, Heather! I have auto contrast down pat, too! :)

12:52 PM  
Blogger alimum said...

nice work

I love goofing around with photoshop--I envy your elements 5 as I have yet to upgrade from the elements 2 I purchased when I got my computer years ago.

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soo pretty!

9:51 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

ooo beautiful!

12:36 AM  
Blogger K said...

Cool -- I got elements 5 for Christmas. Just installed it last night and am a bit overwhelmed. Having not yet mastered picassa . . .

8:50 AM  
Blogger Amanda. said...

Thanks alimum, kara, and sunny.

Kelly- I have the photoshop elements manual by Brundage. It is a MUST. It literally walks you through every step.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Java Mom said...

AWESOME job!!!!

I got elements for christmas and seriously am overwhelmed and have not a clue of how to use it!!!

12:09 PM  
Blogger zozosmamma said...

Very nice. Now that I have a digicam, I think Photoshop seeds to be next on my list!

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are well on your way, I have had photo shop for almost 6 months and have only used it for cropping. I know, lame. I think you are off to a great start. The Mom jean shot is the best yet! Good luck, I love looking at the results.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Amanda. said...

Thank you!!!!

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home