Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Monday, February 12, 2007

Some random thoughts from OAM

1. I saw a bumper sticker this morning that I LOVE: Draft SUV Drivers First

I think this is now my second favorite bumper sticker. Only after, of course, the sticker that is a play on GWB's campain sticker with the big "W"- but if you look closely, after the "W" is orst president ever.

2. I watched the Grammy's last night and I now have major girl crushes on Mary J. Blige and Shakira and one boy crush on Ludacris. I love MJB for her body AND her talent (I teared up every time she accepted a Grammy.... I LOVE me some MJB), I love Shakira only for her body, and I love Ludacris for his beautiful milk chocolate skin... and the fact his hit "Money Maker" makes me shake what my mama gave me.... although it has never made me any money.... shocker, right?

Although the Grammys lost all cred when they gave a Grammy not only to John Mayer but also to Carrie Underwood. Boo hiss.

3. What the hell are the ad execs at Hardee's thinking? Can you imagine the MENSA meeting that must have been going on at their corporate office when some dillhole blurted out "You know what the American people want to hear? Do you? Do you? They want to hear people chewing. They want to hear people chewing big, fat burgers LOUDLY. And you know what else they want to hear? Slurping. Oh yeah, Americans love to hear loud chewing and slurping. You know what else I bet they want to hear? The sound of french fries being scraped against paper in an attempt to claim the last remaining molecule of cheese and burger grease. Oh yeah. Nothing turns people on and really perks up an appetite like the sound of a person chewing, slurping, and scraping. In stereo. Yeah, baby."

God I hate Hardees.

Labels:


5 Comments:

Blogger Vienna said...

First of all, I like John Mayer. A lot. He's a hippie and makes horrid faces while singing. "I'm gonna run through the halls of my high school..."

Second, I haven't seen that commercial. Thankfully. Your description nearly made me vomit.

9:03 PM  
Blogger san said...

There are some really cool bumper stickers out there... I like the ones that you mentioned. And have you seen the "Is it 2008 yet" one?

9:51 PM  
Blogger Nichole said...

The Grammys reaffirmed my crush on Justin Timberlake.

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cought some of the Grammys too, hell yeah to the MJB girl crush I am all over that. But the best moment of the night was the Dixie Chicks Simsons quote. Freaking fantastic.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Vienna said...

PS- I did a blog post just for you because of this post.

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home