Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Back in black

Well, it's more like back in a red tank and camel cords with brown flats but whatever, I'm back to blogging.

Although technically, I never really left blogging, I just kind of sort of moved it over to Flickr's 365 days. I've missed it over here, though, and many of you have been so kind as to visit me on my photostream even though I have been insanely absent on all of your blogs. I'm sorry about that. Showing as much T&A on a daily basis over on Flickr has been seriously time consuming but I think I'm going to back off over there and put more into here.

So get on over here and give me a hug, you big 'ol lug, you.

So what's new?

I took the Gavinator for a haircut over the weekend and he didn't even shed a tear. That's HUGE considering every hair cut in his entire life can be summed up by this. This time, he chomped on a sucker while peering out from under his long bangs to watch a video screen filled with dancing, singing scissors.

I'm no child safety expert but I can't imagine showing young children images of dancing, singing scissors is ever a good thing.

He is loving preschool and I tried to break the news to him that preschool was almost out for the summer and he sort of sighed and rolled his eyes and told me "no.... no it isn't, mommy". How he puts up with me and all the crazy stories I tell him, I will never know.

The Goose is growing up entirely too fast. She is talking and singing up a storm and still nursing 1-4 times a day. I've thought about weaning a lot lately but that's a whole 'nother story. We'll see. My favorite moments with her are usually bedtime. I rock her and sing to her in the glider in her room and she sings along with me. She's not quite two and some of the words are wrong or just garbled but she sings loud and proud and I swear, it is like being in a bar and the drunk sitting next to you is singing along with the jukebox. As she starts to drift off, her voice gets softer and she begins to trail off but sometimes she'll awake and join back into the sing along loud as ever only to trail right back off again.

Between her and the naked boy running around, motherhood is turning out to be more like college than I ever could have dreamed.

Labels: ,


12 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

My 2.5 year old does the same loud, slightly drunken sounding singing while we rock to sleep. She has also taken to walking around the house completely in the nude most of the time. Life is a constant party.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

Good to see you back Amanda!

Same old here....Davis making messes and not potty training and Emma being lippy and getting cloer to Tweenville. And me? Well I am getting huge.

Missed you!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Yeah, your back. I always forget to check the 365 and then I have days and days to catch up on.

You are so right. I wonder just this weekend how did my little boy turn into frat boy as he bent over to pick up a cracker with his mouth. I guess his arms were tired or he is getting ready to join the Tiny Tots Fraternity.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

Welcome back! ;)

I love your 365's but I have missed you over here.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Singlemomma said...

Missed reading! Glad to see you back. I second the motherhood like college thing! http://pottymomma.blogspot.com/search?q=slobbering+drunk
(proof!)

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl--welcome back! Just here stalking and waiting around for you to show up. Ha! (At least it's not Myspace. Oh, BURN!)

I hear ya about the weaning. I just did it last month and I'm still grieving and mourning the loss. What an amazing 19 months that was for us. Good luck with the EBF or weaning, whatever you decide!

1:32 PM  
Blogger Linka72 said...

Yaaaaaay!! Good to see you back!! Because I'm such a good lurker, I've been checking out your 356 pics..which leads me to OTHER people's pics..like mokenstef..nice house..ANYWAYYYYY

Again, it's good to see you here again, I miss your sarcasm (you are ALMOST as hateful as me)ha ha

4:10 PM  
Blogger jenica said...

i am glad to see you back. i had to laugh at that pic of your son because that is EXACTLY what we deal with every tiem we cut his hair. i have plenty of pictures of him crying, then screaming, and then throwing up. he seems to be steadily out growing it??? good luck with that!

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Bout time! We missed you!

And your college reference cracked me up! So so true.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Welcome back!

12:35 AM  
Blogger Kind of Crunchy Mama said...

I thought you were done forever. Welcome back :-D

9:39 AM  
Blogger san said...

oh, i am looking forward to read your blog more often now... though i'll miss your daily sp's ;)

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home