Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Monday, April 11, 2005

I Love My Kids and My Promise To You

Grace is officially grounded. That’s right. Grounded. She had the nerve to go almost 24 hours without kicking the living daylights out of my uterus thus leaving me to imagine 150 million horribly tragic scenarios as to what could be the cause of the drastic decrease in movements… most of which were centered around an umbilical cord gone awry. She started moving again this morning on the way to work as I sipped my caffeine free diet Dr. Pepper (yes, I know about the effect of phosphoric acid on calcium absorption… you can be assured that when a dietitian makes a less than perfect nutrition choice it is at least an informed choice) and listening to Lloyd’s Erasure c.d. It makes me boogie so like mother like daughter!

I took Gavin to church yesterday and for the first time, I left him in the church daycare. At first I was a little sad because he jumped right out of my arms into the arms of one of the daycare workers and immediately made himself at home without even a look back at his tearful mama. He went straight to a hot pink stroller (like father like son) and began pushing it around so I left to go attend church service. About ¾ of the way through the service I left to go check on the Gavinator and it is a good thing because he was being held by a woman in the hallway outside of the class (did I mention he was in the “walkers” class…. I told them he would be better suited for the “screamers” class if there was one available) and his face was red, the snot was dripping freely from his nose, crocodile tears were flowing down his cheeks and he was in mid-scream when he saw me. He reached out to me and all but threw himself into my arms, wrapped his arms and legs around me, and tried to burrow his head down my shirt. Poor little bug missed me. The whole time I felt like Sally Field accepting the Oscar: “You like me, you really like me!!!”. Either he really missed his mama or his inner demons were being angered by the attempts to instill a little bit of religion into his soul.

I love my kids. Gavin is the absolute light of my life and Grace isn’t even here yet and I love her so much. Heck, she doesn’t even have to be here for me to declare her grounded. I would so love to be a stay at home but I don’t think that would ever happen. Financially it just isn’t possible. I need to work. I know plenty of stay at home moms who work from home to make ends meet and while I’m friends with them, they are always trying to sell me something or get me to host a party or just tell a friend about some amazing product. If I had a slew of friends to call upon for a candle party or to tell about a miraculous new product that can repair damaged DNA, do you think I would be hanging out with your sorry butt while you try to hock me some of your snake oil??

My promise to you: If I ever do become a stay at home mom, I will not, repeat: will not, attempt to sell you something. I only ask for the same in return.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home