Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Friday, April 21, 2006

Seven degrees of Amanda

A couple years ago my sister moved into a new neighborhood and her neighbors were from New Jersey. I was talking to the husband one evening and as he described his childhood, I realized it sounded exactly like my best friend Nikki G’s description of her childhood in New Jersey (she moved to West Virginia in the 8th grade). It turns out that he lived next door to Nikki G in New Jersey! So, I thought that was rather small world-ish that my sister’s neighbor in NC used to be my best friend’s neighbor in NJ before she moved to WV.

Well, fast forward to last Monday when I was bored and decided that given all the recent hype, I would check out My Space. They have a people search function and the first person I ALWAYS search for when given the chance to search for long, lost friends is my old friend, Kelley. She moved from WV to Md when we were in the 5th grade and thanks in part to my Great Aunt living in Baltimore, we were able to stay in touch. The last time I saw her I was 23 years old. When I moved to SC I lost touch with a lot of people and I was especially crushed to have lost contact with her- someone I had known for so long. My dad had heard from an old neighbor that she had moved to California and I seriously doubted I would ever be able to find her. So I typed in her name and lo and behold, Kelley is on my space. I immediately joined my space so I could send her an e-mail and I promptly heard back. She is in California and- start singing “It’s A Small World”- her neighbor is one of my old neighbors in WV! I rode the bus to high school in the tenth grade with a guy who now lives in California next door to my old best friend. Weird. I’m beginning to think a good portion of the US may just know each other because of me.

On a side note, I looked up a lot of people on my space and unfortunately curiosity got the best of me and I looked up the ex. Holy, freakin’ crap the dude is a loser. Yes, I was once married to a 29 year old bartender who lists Jim Beam as the “person he would like to meet”, boobies as his “favorite things” and decorates his “space” with the Pittsburgh Steelers and dancing boobs. All I can do is shake my head.


5 Comments:

Blogger K said...

Amanda -- now I will be looking up old friends (and not-so-much friends all night).

7:25 PM  
Blogger Just Passing By said...

That's freaking hilarious. It cuts out the question of "what if" kwim?

2:35 AM  
Blogger Amanda. said...

LMBO, Melissa!

Did you find anyone, K?

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO!!! You certainly traded up! Now I'm going to have to look around my space too!

11:40 AM  
Blogger K said...

Not a single ex-boyfriend to be found. I think this says something about my age (too old)?

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home