Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Positive parenting

I'm feeling a little cranky this morning and no, not from a late night of myspace surfing.

Gavin woke up when the husband left for work at 4:00. He looked out the window and saw my car leaving and must have thought it was me and started screaming "NO LEAVE MAMA!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! MAMA!!!!!!!! NO LEAVE MAMA!!!!".

So I raced into his room, scooped him up, brought him into bed with me where he proceeded to hog the entire king size bed and kick me repeatedly in the ribs for the rest of the night. Dude would not get off me.

When he woke up this morning he immediately began to request to play outside. Play and outside are two words he can say very well. I understand that because of his expressive speech delay he was unable to tell me how thoughtful it was for me to sacrifice my own sleep for his well-being and that it meant so much to him so I didn't mind that he bypassed all the accolades as to what a wonderful mother I am.

"Play outside, mama."

"Not right now, mama has to go to work."

"Play outside, mama."

"We'll play outside this afternoon."

"Alright."

"Do you want to play with mommy or daddy?"

"Daddy."

"Do you love mommy or daddy?"

"Daddy."

"Screw you."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home