Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Getting ready

This has me all excited about going to KC next week.

When I first found out the class was in KC, I was all like Wayne's World. You know the part when they're running in front of a blue screen from location to location and when they are in New York they're excited and all "We're in New York. I got a gun, let's go to a Broadway Show" and then they imagine getting whisked away to Delaware and they're like "Hi, I'm in Delaware."

Only I was "Hi, I'll be in Kansas City". Hmmmm.

Now that I know I can get coffee AND margaritas instead of chocolate cake AND yell at people in parking garages? I am so stoked. Thanks, SJ.

Labels:


2 Comments:

Blogger Abby said...

Well since I live in KC and all, maybe I should stuick up for us. Even though the last two weekends I was in Chicago and then St. Louis.

For good coffee, you can go to Broadway Cafe. In Westport which is by The Plaza which is really nice. The Plaza hosts our upscale stores such as Tiffany. We have lots of places where you can get good maragritas too. And great food. Southwest Blvd. hosts a lot of Latin places to eat.

For great beer we have both Boulevard Brewing Company and 75th Street Brewery. Both of which are microbrews and make some yummy beers. I think one of them has a bar and grill type eating place too but am not sure.

As for yelling at people.....not sure. I do not park in parking garages.

But yea, KC does have some coll thing to offer. After living here all my life, I tend to not think about them.....

11:10 AM  
Blogger Amanda. said...

Beeeeeeeeer!!

Seriously, no need to stick up for KC, I have been reading up on the city and it does sound like it is going to be fun... well, at least the parts I squeeze in around my class.

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home