Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Hug him and love him and call him George

We went to get pumpkins today and Grace developed a very deep and intense love affair with the two tiny pumpkins. She thinks they are balls and got quite upset when she threw them and they failed to bounce and/or roll. She carried them around with her all evening and when she dropped one (which was every other second) she would cry out "OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" as if someone had just caught her tooshie on fire. Oh the drama that is being 15 months old.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I can totally relate, though. Not to the thinking something is a ball but to the deep and intense love affair with an inanimate object.

My birthday present came today; an iPOD nano.

I will call it George.

For the record, I, too, would feel as though my tooshie was being caught on fire if I dropped it.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Labels: , ,


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, my friend's son did the same thing with a pumpkin when he was about the same age I believe. The thing finally rotted through and they had to throw it out. Very traumatic!

I love my ipod. Preeeshusss...a

11:41 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

What is it with kids and pumpkins? Last year Guthrie had the saddest look I've ever seen when he had to give it to the man to have it weighed.Then ge dropped it and split it open the second we got it home!

Enjoy the iPod!

12:14 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

How cute!
Yay iPod!
My only problem with mp3 players (I have one on my Treo) is that the cost of all the songs starts to add up quickly. I guess it isn't any different than buying CDs though. :) Enjoy!
Now you'll have to get those neat iPod cases that everyone makes. Yay shopping!

1:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have fallen out of love with my ipod. Sigh. I bought the 4gig mini TWO WEEKS before Steve Jobs discontinued it in favor of the new cooler nano. Which is now even cooler! Does it really glow like that? ;-) And does it need to be crated?

7:16 AM  
Blogger karrie said...

LOL@ Kelly's observation abt the Nano possibly not being housebroken.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Amanda. said...

No, it doesn't glow like that.

(Although in my mind it does.)

I'm really not hip to anything these days and I have no idea what kind of nano it is. I believe it is an old school one that the husband bought refurbished. It cost less than $100. We be poor.

All I know is I downloaded two songs last night and when I put the little ear bugs in my ears, I couldn't hear the kids OR the husband.

Preeeeeeshusssss, indeed.

No accidents last night but perhaps it was first night luck.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

Made me laugh. I loved that cartoon. Bugs Bunny.....I will hug him and love him and call him George.

Cool birthday gift. You rock.

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home