Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Monday, October 02, 2006

What a difference ten years make

Ten years ago tonight I was still getting over one of the biggest hangovers of my whole entire life while attending the biggest party ever held in my honor in my whole entire life.

Starting at 12:01 am on my birthday, my best friend and I began a bar crawl. We went from bar to bar with one goal in mind:

I needed to do 21 shots.

Seeing as how I am one to achieve goals- no matter how lofty.... or risky.... or downright stupid- lo and behold (and liver, I am still very, very sorry), I did 21 shots and this is how friggin' sexy 21 shots make you:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Don't you just love how I'm holding up my fingers in a two and a one to commemorate the night? Sexy AND cool. That was me.

That very night we had a HUGE party at our house to honor my transition from drunk to legal drunk. People came from Michigan- I shit you not. It was that big. There was jungle juice being served out of trash cans, purple jesus in the bathtubs and of course, there were kegs. In keeping with the high society that was my college crowd, since there were kegs, there were keg stands.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Oh yeah. I keep getting sexier. Less than 18 hours after my 21 shot-taking drunk ass passed out on the couch for about 4 hours of sleep (I had to go to Biochemistry at 8 am and people around me were all "what's that smell?", I was all "dude, it's the puke on my shirt" and we were all "rock on". Damn I miss college), I was doing keg stands.

No wonder I couldn't keep the mens off me in college. Well, it was either my smokin' red, puffy face or the plaid shirt and sweater combo or the severe addicition to alcohol that made me a really easy lay that drove the men folk wild.

Tonight, I sit here blogging with one very, very sick Gavinator (temperature of 103 degrees!!!! Happy birthday mama!) and one very, very boob-addicted Goose while the husband is bowling and I can honestly say I wouldn't trade this birthday for all keg stands, shots, and parties in the world.

At least I can say I keep getting better (and slightly less drunk) with age.

Labels: ,


8 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

Happy Birthday!
Ah yes the days of drinking and other unspeakable acts... I am still trying to forget that era in my life.

Hope the Gavinator feels better. :)

7:29 PM  
Blogger karrie said...

Amanda are you rocking a skort in that first photo?

Sorry about the G.

I need to figure out how to work the "spankin' new" update thingie. Is that a beta only tool?

*clueless and resigned to randomly clicking on blogs for new content*

8:20 PM  
Blogger Singlemomma said...

OH MY GAWD!!! That totally sounds like my college days. I look at myself sometimes and am like, "Who the hell ARE you?" I wouldn't go back for nothin'. Although my wild nights now include taking the puppy out for a pee at 2am with a baby dangling off my boob and a baby monitor strapped to my pants, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Amanda. said...

Thanks, Maria P. I think we're in for a looooong night.

No, Karrie, that is not a skort thankyouverymuch! :)

I did the "spankin' new" in a blogrolling feature.

LMAO, pottymomma!!

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwww.....reminds me of my 21st!

I drank A LOT including a shot called "The Buffalo Sweat"....I'm not exactly sure what was in it... it seemed to be a little bit of everything including a bit of "juice" from the bartenders dirty bar rag. Oh... the things you do when you're young and stupid! LOL

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - I just got flashbacks to my own drunken 21st year celebration. And my 22nd. And my 23rd. You get the picture...

Happy Birthday!!

12:31 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

Happy Birthday Amanda.....a day late!

I must be one of the few who did not get drunk on my 21st birthday. I, of course ,was already married and my husband was not yet 21. We went out to dinner and by the Applebee's where we worked. But I think I had maybe 2 or 3 drinks total and I do not know that I did any shots. I was already old at 21.....

Hope Gavin is feeling better. Ya'll take care.

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I did 11 shots on my 22nd birthday and I was sick for over a day. I am impressed!

Hope Gavin feels better. We've got a bit of that going on here.

Karrie- try bloglines. Up to the second updates.

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home