Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Love Thursday

Radio Flyer


We spend every evening together... playing. Well, playing, nursing, and eating.

I work all day and look forward to nothing more than spending my evenings with you.

When you were teeny tiny, I would wear you in my sling while we watched big brother play in the cul-de-sac.

This past summer, you were much, much bigger so I pushed you around in the stroller or let you crawl throughout the grass.

You started walking in late August and now you take off from me so eager to play with the big kids. So eager to do everything that big brother does. Sometimes I think you don't need me to play with you but if you get too far away from me you start crying out "mama, mama, MAMA!!!" until I'm close enough for your liking.

The days are getting shorter and the sun begins to set on us much sooner. This is unfortunate for us because as time passes on you are able to do so much more in your beloved outside environment but we have less and less time to do it.

Lately, you have begun a love affair with big brother's Radio Flyer tricycle. You love to climb aboard all by yourself- you must do it all by yourself- but your feet don't reach the pedals so I am lucky enough to be able to push you around the circular cul-de-sac while you hang on and giggle with glee.

I am not only reminded by the fact you are growing more and more every day by your transition from the sling to the stroller to running after the big kids, but also by the setting sun and the change in weather. The sun that used to shine so brightly on us in the evening now begins to set. Your white blond hair shines golden red in the setting sun. Onesies and sunsuits are now replaced by long pants and jackets.

I love pushing you on big brother's radio flyer. I can't believe that you are the very same girl that one trip around the sun ago, I wore in a sling while you curled up and dozed. I sometimes think about the fact that next year, after your second trip around the sun, you may not need me to push you on the Radio Flyer. Your precious feet may reach the pedals and you may wave at me- not unlike big brother- as you turn circle after circle in front of our house.

I'm not sad about the fact you will grow and change but it is bittersweet. See, while you may need me less and less, I will always need you the same... if not even more.

You are my Goose, my baby girl, my nursling, my love.

You change like the seasons and while I welcome the changes and the newness in you, I can't help but think about the days past and remember when you were my teeny tiny baby.

Not unlike how the seasons always change- how the days will always grow shorter before they are long once again- you will always be my baby.






Happy Love Thursday.

Labels: , ,


13 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

That is a perfect Love Thursday.

The pictures are great.

I am wishing that we lived in a cul de sac, instead of a very bumpy road with no sidewalks and where there wasnt the possiblity of falling into the ditch. Awe, to dream.

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

absolutely beautiful, Amanda! As much as I adore your wit and humor... that love letter to Grace is just priceless....

XOXO,
Heather

11:01 PM  
Blogger Mama Duck said...

Oh, they grow up way too fast!! Such sweet photos - happy Love Thursday.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Schatzi said...

That is such a precious photo!!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

What a great letter to your daughter. They grow up so fast--it's good you can treasure the moments. Happy Love Thursday!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

WAAA!!! Oh man. They do grow up too fast. My baby will be three in January....

Beautiful Amanda. Looking forward to meeting you in real life.

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was beautiful. Happy Love Thursday!

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a lovely tribute to your daughter, and the pictures are wonderful. Happy Love Thursday!

7:38 PM  
Blogger Singlemomma said...

So sweet. Don't you just love the moments with them that just sweep you off your feet. One of my favorites is watching my kids splash through some puddles after a big rain...just seeing that joy on their faces. Priceless. And I captured it on film! Bonus.

I loved what you wrote to your daughter. You will always treasure putting those feelings into words.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Amanda. said...

Thank you all.

I love my Goose. If only someone could make it all slow down.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Where is crying emoticon when you need one?!

Beautiful.

10:34 PM  
Blogger PastormacsAnn said...

So very sweet. Wonderful pictures. Beautiful letter to your precious one to capture this priceless time.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Linka72 said...

I am once again, laying across my desk weeping from one of your posts. How sweet the little boobala is.
I once overheard a little girl, about 5 years old crying in Target. She was SO worried that when she grew up, she wouldn't be her mommy's "baby" anymore. I walked over and let her know that like you said, we will ALWAYS be our mommy's baby.

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home