Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Final Wishes

The husband and I were driving along yesterday with the kids in tow to a local pumpkin patch. The sun was shining through the windows, the blue sky appeared endless, Grace was dozing, and Gavin was rocking out to one of his "hee dees". We were really enjoying being in the moment and having some family time so what better subject for me to bring up than my wishes for the kids if I were to die in a fiery plane crash on my way to or from Kansas City at the end of the month?

Me: "You know, if something happens to me I want you to move closer to family- either my sister or your sister."

The husband: "I'll want to move closer to family."

Me: "Also, I want you to make sure that if I'm not around, you keep music, dance and gymnastics in their lives. I want them to play an instrument and I definitely want them to dance. They have to do the running man at least once a day. I want it that way."

The husband: "Nothing is going to happen to you. You're not going to die in a plane crash."

Me: "You may be right. I may not die in a plane crash but I may very well die tomorrow or the day after next and I want to make sure that I am able to (insert spooky voice) parent from beyond the grave BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!"

The husband: "Oh you'll be parenting from beyond the grave, alright. If you drop dead I'm locking the kids up in a cage next to your headstone and leaving them there."

Labels:


3 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

At least you cant say they never visit.

I think that is the best solution, I have ever heard. However, if I die before my husband, I believe that will be my me time. I dont think it will happen, because the hubs doesnt know where anything is. I am sure the visits to my grave will be, "Dear where is the ice? I cant seem to find it anywhere.

5:49 PM  
Blogger karrie said...

Bwahahaha!

Wendy: Mine would be saying:"Have you seen my belt?" (Because, of course I wear his belt all the time. @@)

7:05 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

I could of swore I replied to this. LOL

I think my husband and I have had that same conversation.

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home