Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Love Thursday

Sick Boy


The boy. He's sick. Really sick. Since starting preschool one month ago, this is his third illness. That's two more illnesses than he had in all his three years prior to starting preschool. But that's a whole other post.

Not ten minutes before this pictures was snapped, the Gavinator threw up all over the bed and the husband. The husband called for my help (I was downstairs working on a Love Thursday post... one that got sidelined for this post) and I came upstairs to find puke-a-palooza. The husband stripped the bed and I swept Gavin off the bathtub where he informed me "all better! Play outside?". We then made the bed with old, puke-worthy comforters and put a big plastic bowl on the side of the bed with the explicit instructions, "if you must spew, spew in this."

Even knowing that kind of danger he was putting himself in by curling up so close to a puke machine, the husband snuggled up close to his boy. He wanted to be there in case he got sick again and so he could take care of him during the night.

If that's not love then I don't know what is.

Love is snuggling up to someone even after they puke on you.

Happy Love Thursday.

Labels: , ,


13 Comments:

Blogger celestial opus said...

Love that love! The joys of parenting and puke. In college I knew I finally understood the love parents have when a friend and I came to the realization on a road trip that our parents cleaned puke. We knew it, but it never sank in (no pun intended). The road trip had a detour for a moment when we bought cards at the local CVS and mailed them home to thank them for all the unconditional love!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Karen Bodkin said...

Oh definitely! That is true love right there! Happy Love Thursday!
Karen
xo

9:41 AM  
Blogger deedee said...

Yes indeed that is love. Happy Love Thursday.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

Emmaline also spent more time sick once she started Preschool than she had ever been in her life. She even got pnemonia and was hospitalized for three days for it. Our doctor said it was probably that some other kid at school had some other virus that for Emma made her really sick. Great times.

Hope Gavin gets to feeling better. And the husband did not get caught in the line of fire.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Oh man!!! That is more than love, that is true love. I cant say I would do the same thing.

Hope Gavin is feeling better and there is no more pukage.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Mama Duck said...

Awww, for sure!! Poor thing!

12:23 PM  
Blogger Singlemomma said...

Hope Gavin feels better soon! (and not to be the doom sayer...but watch out! Two puking kids at once can happen and is not fun! For some reason, I didn't think God would punish me like that. I was wrong. Apparantly that was my punishment for college!)

12:48 PM  
Blogger Crunchy Carpets said...

That is a great dad....

Puke means nothing when you love your kids right?

I have caught it in my hands and everywhere else!!!

1:07 PM  
Blogger Pregnant In Texas said...

I just had to have my carpets cleaned after an exceptional bout of vomiting over at my house. My apartment smelled so much like bile and soured milk that everytime I went downstairs *I* felt like I was going to puke, which would really just make the problem worse.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Awesome dad! Hope he's feeling better soon (although preschool is just a total germ incubation factory. I'm afraid you're in for several more bouts. May they be brief!). Happy Love Thursday!

3:21 PM  
Blogger PastormacsAnn said...

No kidding!! Awesome Love Thursday post!

Hope he's feeling better soon and no one else in the family is "blessed" in the same way.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Amanda. said...

Thanks and happy love Thursday to all!!

The boy is feeling much better today!!!!

8:38 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

THAT is true love.

I have a husband in bed next to sleeping kid photo similar to this. Husband even has a tat on his upper arm as well. I bet your husband's is something cool though. Mine has a tribal band and above that a drunk Taz. *sob*

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home