Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Monday, November 20, 2006

Just Doing My Part

To make sure that I don't kicked off any airplanes AND to make sure that everyone who reads this blog knows I have something shoved up my behind:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Dude, what is up with my face??

But more importantly, what is what with that ultra cool green and white polka-dotted thingy I have tied around my neck? That, my friends, is a lila bean; a stylish cover-up for nursing moms. The Lactivist was so kind to share that the makers of lila bean were looking for bloggers who breastfeed to share their product with for FREE!!

Now I haven't been much for nursing covers in the past but seeing as how I know there is a positive correlation between an increase in Grace's age and an increase in disapproval of breastfeeding among the ignorant masses, I thought it was time to look into something that would allow for Grace to have continued access to the boobages anytime and anywhere without people likening my feeding a child with my breast to showing my anus or to child abuse.

Enter lila bean.

It somes in a handy dandy carrying case so hopefully it won't go the way of my hotsling- battered and wrinkled at the bottom of the diaper bag coated in cheerios sludge- and it beats out the standard blanket by having an open collar so Grace will be surrounded by fabric but not covered. The need for a child to breathe while breastfeeding has been taken into account by the design team.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Now, if only lila bean could cure the major case of cooties in our house, we would go on an outing and take the lila bean on her first test drive.

I'll keep you posted!

Labels: , ,


4 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

I have seen many of these covers from our playgroups. I thought of trying one, but wonder about the time it took to get it out and put it on. I just know that Sam makes it difficult to even just get the bra unhooked and down. It would have been nice, since Sam and I had constant struggles with my shirt. He liked it up to show the whole boob; I prefered to have it down near his nose.

They are pretty, though. And I am never one to turn down a try at new baby products.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Kind of Crunchy Mama said...

I'm torn on the whole nursing cover thing. If someone feels more comfortable using one, then by all means use it. I just feel like they scream "I'M NURSING!" drawing more attention to yourself. Most people don't even realize you are nursing without a cover unless they get all up in your business trying to see the baby. Plus it adds to the whole, "Well so-and-so uses a cover, you should too" deal.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Amanda. said...

I think you bring up excellent points, KOCM, and that is why for the past 16 months I have been cover free. That said, she is only getting older and I don't want to feel like I can't nurse her in public because of her age and seeing as how she is bigger than your average two year old, it is something I am very aware of.

I don't want to hide the fact that I'm nursing a child of any age but come on, we all know what little bit breastfeeding is accepted is thrown out the window after infancy. I know the only way to normalize extended breastfeeding is to do it and to talk about it and you all know I can certainly talk about it and I'll still be doing it... just under a cover.

Plus, she is a lot more wiggly and looking around all the time and this way, the husband doesn't have to worry about me picking up all kinds of mens from me flashing the A-team. :)

2:08 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

That is pretty neat! I wish I had one when I had babies. I didn't like nursing in public at all. When going over to a relative's I would go into one of the bedrooms to nurse. Just not my thing but if people want to nurse in public cover or not, I don't mind. The recent scandal made me furious.

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home