Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Boobs on Planes

With all the hub-bub over the mom getting kicked off the Delta flight for breastfeeding her 22 month old child, it brings to mind the age old breastfeeding in public question:

What's the big fucking deal?

Honestly, folks, I dropped an eff-bomb so you know I'm fo real. Why do people have such a problem with a boob being used as nature intended? I know there is the whole boob=sex thing so if Beavis and Butthead want to sit over in the corner and "heh heh heh heh, dude, that baby is sucking on her boob, heh heh heh heh heh" while I nurse then fine; but adults offended by breastfeeding? I don't get it.

How is Sandra Bullock leaning over and showing off her obviously enhanced ta-tas more acceptable than a mother nursing a baby???. I bet if the woman who was asked to leave the flight for breastfeeding had been dressed like Sandra on the cover of Vanity Fair rather than breasfeeding she wouldn't have been asked to leave.

Double standard much?

What is interesting to me is that I uploaded some fabulous photos of the kiddos into Flickr over the weekend and as you all know, with Flickr, you can see how many times a photo has been viewed.

The beautiful profile of the Goose- viewed ten times

Brother and sister golden hair- viewed four times

My 16 month old nursing(and I enhanced the photo to the point that what small amount of small breast is shown is just a white blur)- viewed two hundred and eighty six times.

Women are getting kicked out of restaurants and off of airplanes for doing exactly what I was doing in that photo- supposedly because breastfeeding is gross and people shouldn't have to see it- but my photo has been viewed TWO HUNDRED AND EIGHTY SIX times in less than a week.

What's with all the interest, folks?

Labels: ,


10 Comments:

Blogger Abby said...

They want to see your ta-tas. LOL.

It is a double standard, plain and simple.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Amanda. said...

I knew it.

The glowing white, blurred out, A-cup gets 'em every time.

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I seriously just don't get the insecurity of our culture. We've all got boobs, get over it!

1:24 PM  
Blogger Linka72 said...

As a woman who gets her breasts stared at all damn day at work...people (mostly men) just like boobs.
Now don't freak out..I appreciate that breast feeding is a good thing for children,maybe those people on the plane thought the child looked a little old.. but my mom always said:
"If you can chew steak, you can't be sucking on my tit"
She was SUCH a lovely woman..not!

1:29 PM  
Blogger Amanda. said...

"If you can chew steak, you can't be sucking on my tit"

Ahhh, achingly poetic. I do hope that if she doesn't already write for Hallmark that she will consider it for a future a career.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Vienna said...

Dude! You posted it on BBC! You know we're going to check out your boobs! They're airbrushed for effect, just like you said.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Amanda. said...

Yeah, but I posted the other ones on BBC, too!!!! People aren't interested in seeing the kiddos... only the ta-tas!!

You people are sick.

:):):)

9:17 PM  
Blogger Snoskred said...

I'm trying to visit as many of the NaBloPoMo blogs as I can and I thought I'd say hi, I liked your blog.. :) Men don't have boobs, this is why they are fascinated by them. ;) Well *most* men don't, really.. ;)

6:59 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

Man, I don't get it. At all. And heck, I used to be a stripper, so I know men like to look at boobs! But what's the big deal? Really?

Recently, one of the visitors to my blog came through a search for "tandem nursing pictures." I had that weird feeling, wondering *why* they were looking for that, hoping it was a mom trying to understand or prepare herself, and not some creep wanting to see it. It was the first time I worried about posting pics online.

I've also been asked, by a fellow bfing mom, to nurse my baby in a bathroom at a bar and grill. WTF? I just don't understand.

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will never, ever understand it.

Of course, if that had happened to me, there WOULD have been a fight, and it would have been ugly. If I have to see everyone's boobs in Hollywood for no good reason, then a little feeding boob shouldn't be a problem.

Idjits.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home