Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Nurse out

Yesterday, when I caught word of the the first national nurse-in" being held today, I immediately called the husband because not only does our town have Delta Connection, it is at the very same airport where he works!!!

Me- "Saddle up the troops, babe! We've got ourselves a nurse-in at Delta tomorrow!"

Him= "Oh lord."

Me- "Time to fight the powers that be!"

Him- "No. No way. Uh-uh."

Me- "But I've been practicing!!!"

Him- "Practicing?"

Me- "2, 4, 6, 8, we deserve to lactate!!!!"

Me- "And my favorite- We won't buckle, it's our child's right to suckle!!!!!"

Him- "Oh lord."


ETA: I was just joking about the whole wanting to go the nurse-in thing. Just not my bag, baby. Although the idea of nursing Grace and yelling words like "lactate" and "suckle" in the husband's place of work- and therefore embarrassing him beyond belief and setting him up for a lifetime of teasing by all his coworkers- almost makes me want to go. Almost.

Labels: , ,


4 Comments:

Blogger Singlemomma said...

That is tooo funny. I would still tell my hubby I was going to do it just so he could sweat all day.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Teehee!! I like your yells. Now, teach them to Grace and you are all set.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

I would keep saying it too. I like to freak out my husband. It is fun. However, I am not any good at it.

I am all for breastfeeding too. But I am like you, it is not my bag.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Vienna said...

Ha! I'm just going to go to work one day where Kyle is (maybe I'll bring him a PB&J for lunch) and just walk in and shout "Lactate!" and "Suckle!" Just randomly. With no kid or milk-producing breasts around. It's going to be awesome.

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home