Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Under the wire

I almost inadvertantly threw in the towel on NaBloPoMo today.

It's not that I haven't had the time to blog- quite the opposite, really. I have written several posts today only to have them wind up in the land of forgotten drafts. I'd like to blame sudden inability to produce blog posts worthy of actual posting on the fact that I'm still trying to catch up on rest from my KC trip or maybe I'm beginning to come down with the sixth bout of cooties the Gavinator has brought home from preschool but really, I think NaBloPoMo has given me a major case of the willies. I'm feeling like I'm under pressure. Pressure pushing down on me. Pressing down on you no man ask for.

See. I've resorted to sampling Queen just to make a post.

Also, I should mention that today something happened. Something that has left me frazzled and searching for the words to even describe how it made me feel. I'm not trying to leave some dramatic cliffhanger post but emotionally, I'm not up to gtting into any details or recounting the event. I will tell you that the Goose- MY Goose- fell down the stairs today. She is absolutely fine but watching and hearing her fall as I stood there as not only the person who was supposed to protect her, but also as the person who was to blame for her fall and unable to do anything to make it stop, is just a little too much for me to process right now.

So I think I'll open the floor for comments and ideas. Is there anything that YOU would like to read about?


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, I hope everyone is ok. I know all too well how you feel. This summer Boo rode her bike down the front stairs. I saw it happen but could not move fast enough to stop her. And who left the bike on the porch? Yeah, that would be me. Nothing like starting the week with a Monday morning trip to the ER. She was tore up but her spirit was intact.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. All this to try to let you know that I know just how awful it feels to see them get hurt (or even potentially hurt) and not be able to do anything about it. I think it hurt me worse than it did her...seriously. It took me a few days to shake it and she was back on the bike that night.

11:25 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I read your post, last night, and was trying to think of some subjects for you. However, nothing came to mind which maybe why I am having problems with NaBloPoMo, too.

I do have a question, but I fear you have answered it already. I would like to know how you lost 40lbs. I am not sure where I got this idea, so if it is wrong than excuse me. I seem to have some recollection that you recently lost 40 lbs.

Wait, I just thought of something and, again, if you have already answered this please excuse (you know I am new to the blogs): How did the kids get their nicknames? I can kind of figure out Gavin, what about Grace?

Still thinking.

7:48 AM  
Blogger Amanda. said...

Oh, Andy! I'm so sorry that happened to Boo and you! Yes, you know exactly how I feel. Fortunately for us, no trip to the ER was necessary but in one nano second a million thoughts flashed before my eyes. It feels awful.

WEndy, you read my mind. I was lying in bed staring at a pile of "fat clothes" thinking I should try them on and take pictures and do a before and after and finally getting around to talking about HOW I lost the 40 pounds. I lost the weight after graduate school (7 years ago) but I have kept the weight off even through two kids so it is something I would like to share with others. Perhaps today is the day!

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad G2 is ok. How scary. :(

I almost always blog the first crazy-assed thought of the day. Usually something pops into my head while eating breakfast or dropping Max off at preschool.

So, what was on your mind early this morning? Run with that!

8:38 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

Ooooh, Amanda, how very very scary. I distinctly remember falling down my parents' house's very dangerous basement stairs when I was about 2 yo, and I'm just fine. :P

A couple months ago Guthrie got ahold of a peppermint. I was afraid if I tried to take it away from him he would instead throw it in his mouth and choke, and tried to stay calm and was going to take it away as soon as he got it in his mouth if he didn't start chewing it. He got it in his mouth and almost immediately started choking on it. I had a flash of my precious baby slipping away from me. I did exactly what I wasn't supposed to do, too, and reached into his throat to pull it out.

This all happened in about 10 seconds time. It was the most terrifying few seconds of my life, though, and I'm shaking now just thinking about it.

Things can happen so fast, without realizing it, no matter how careful we think we are. Grace is okay; Guthrie is okay. We, though, will never forget, I'm sure.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home