Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

More on sleep

I bought the No Cry Sleep Solution with Books A Million gift cards I received as a birthday/Christmas present (thank you, Heather) but unfortunately, I'm too tired to read it, nevermind put the process into action. Actually, I did read it while pumping yesterday (pumping three times for twenty minutes equals a whole hour of reading) and I am on page 96 but I can't stay wake during the endless night nursings to put it into practice.

Last night at 1:00 am I began nursing Grace and started the countdown from one-one thousand to ten-one thousand (at ten-one thousand I'm supposed to unlatch her and press my finger to her chin to get her to sleep without the boob) but I fell back asleep at one-one thouuuuuuuu. The author actually expects me to keep a nightime diary of awakenings!?! WHAT???? I want to sleep not journal!

I don't know what to do. I mean, is sleep really that important? I can wear my cranky, sleepless bitch attitude very well. Just today my dental hygenist told me my skin looked beautiful and a parent of a patient told me I looked awesome to be the mother of two young children! I'm doing okay on the outside so does it really matter that every cell on the inside is dying a slow, cruel death thanks to my 6 month old requiring my boobie in her mouth from midnight to 6 am?

I'm an American, by God. I deserve a quick, overnight fix to all of this!!

Sleepless in South Carolina,
Amanda.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so crazy I just posted about the same book and our long, painful process of overcoming the sleeping woes. And also I couldn't stay awake during the night nursing either like the book says! I'm trying to conquer naps first and hope that helps the night!

PS that is one cute baby girl you have!! Love those cheeks!

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home