Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

G-mail #6

Hey y'all! I'm 6 months old!!! Can you believe it? One whole half of one whole year! So much has happened over the past month! I celebrated my first Thanksgiving and although I didn't get to partake in any of the yummy food served up over at Aunt Suz's, mommy ate tons and tons so I had Thanksgiving meal flavored breastmilk. YUMMY! Mommy ate an extra serving of daddy's cheesecake just for me!

I can roll over really good. I roll from my belly to my back and from my back to my belly and I roll and roll and roll to get to whereever I want to go. So I'm mobile now and I get to where I want by rolling. Big brother laughs at me and says "whoa, whoa, whoa" everytime I roll. He is so silly. he likes to reach out and hold my hand when we are in our carseats and he just laughs and laughs over everything I do. Sometimes he gets jealous but he always hugs me and kisses me goodnight and when I cry he always comes to me and says "uh-oh" so I know he loves me. I love him. I'm so lucky to have such a good big brother.

I had my first experience with a babysitter. Mommy and daddy went to mommy's company Christmas party and they left me with Aunt Suz. Now don't get me wrong, Aunt Suz is one rockin' lady but I am ALL about my momma and dadda and I cried and cried. I know mommy and daddy need big people time but come on, I was barely 5 months old and my whole world revolves around them. I promise one day I'll be happy when they go out and have big parties when I'm not supposed to but for right now, I'm so sad when they go bye-bye.

We just had a big ice storm and we lost our power for a few days and it was COLD in our house so we went to a hotel. I spent the night in a hotel!! Can you believe it??? We didn't sleep much and big brother kept trying to play in the bathroom (what is it with that kid and playing with toilet paper and flushing the toilet??) but we were together and we were warm so it was ok. Mommy and daddy said holiday inn was a bunch of jerks for jacking up the rates so we went stayed with Aunt Suz the next night. Her brother and his family were there and we had a really good time. Aren't we blessed to have such good neighbors?

I still don't sleep a lot at night because I reverse cycle and nurse almost all night but mommy is so proud to have exclusively breastfed me for 6 months. Since I just turned 6 months, I got to try rice cereal for the first time and BLECH!!!!! Give me the boob, mommy! What was she thinking????

Well, Christmas is almost here and mommy loves to talk about some cool dude named Jesus. I don't understand it all now but I know my name has something to do with it so that is really special. I know mommy and daddy will send lots of pictures of my first Christmas day! I wish I could spend Jesus' birthday with all of you since it is such a special day but like always, all my wonderful friends and family are kept close in my heart.

I love you all. Talk at ya next month!

Grace.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home