Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

G-mail #8

Hey y'all! I'm 8 months old today!! Can you believe it? Time flies when you're not the one doing all the changing, feeding, bathing, entertaining, and holding! So much has changed in the past month. Some good and some bad... do you want me to start with the bad? Awwwwww, who am I kidding? Nohing really bad happened but according to my doctor, I did have Oscar the Grouch in my ear. I got a really bad cold compliments of big brother spitting all of his cooties all over me. Why that boy likes to spit so much and why he has to do it on me is beyond me but hey, I'm only 8 months old. Maybe I'll understand when I'm 9 months! I couldn't get rid of my cold and the doc said I got crud in my ear and Mr. Oscar likes to live in crud. I was really sick but mommy and daddy took good care of me and gave me this weird pink medicine stuff that tastes REALLY good and next thing you know, Oscar moved out and I'm feeling waaaaayyyy better!

I am officially MOBLILE!! Oh yea! Who's your baby! Go 'head Grace, go on get down! That's right! If I see something I want..... say a big 'ol choking hazard.... I can use the 15 seconds every day mommy and daddy take their eyes off of me to make sure I get it and attempt to shove it down my throat. I'm not walking or crawling but I have figured out how to butt walk. At least my big 'ol caboose is good for something. Butt cheek by butt cheek I can scoot myself across the floor and I am getting faster and more efficient every day. Butt walking rules. I can't wait until I can scoot enough on the carpet to get some bunches of static and shock the you know what out of big brother the next time he tries to sit on me.

Image hosting by Photobucket

I have really started eating solids really well. I eat about 4 ounces of solid food a day and I really, really dig fruits but mommy makes sure I get my veggies. So far, I am really diggin' pears, bananas, prunes, and peaches but tonight, I ate butternut squash like it was going out of style so who knows? I may be a veg head one of these days! I'm still breastfeeding 'cause I ain't no weaner! I sleep with mommy and nurse aaaaaaallllllllllll night. She's threatened to give me the boot a couple of times because she is in some serious need of beauty rest (no offense, mama, but you know it's true) but I'm only a baby once and mommy agrees that for at least the first year my wants are my needs and she complies. Sucka!!!!!! I mean, great mommy (snicker, snicker).

Image hosting by Photobucket

I celebrated my first Valentine's Day and mommy brought me a balloon to play with. Balloons are like the coolest thing ever. I really enjoyed playing with it during the ten second intervals before big bro snatched it away from me. That boy so does not get the concept of sharing.

Image hosting by Photobucket

We were supposed to go see Ally play a basketball game but since big bro and I were sick we had to miss it. From what I understand, Ally is an awesome b-ball player and she rules the court. She makes me so proud. I hope I can be like her when I'm older. Precious Grammie and Papaw sent me a really cool rocking horse and so far I can only gnaw on it but big bro loves riding it and I know one day, I'll ride it solo.

Image hosting by Photobucket

From what I understand (mommy talks loud on the telephone) we are planning a trip to West Virginia next month and I cannot wait to meet all my homies from C-town. I get a little scared around strangers and have something called separation anxiety these days but mommy has told me so much about you fantastic folks, I know I'll be totally cool around all of you.

That's all from here! Love you all and I can't wait to see you!

Grace E. Goose.



1 Comments:

Blogger K said...

Grace -- your adoring public demands a collage fo all your monthly bear photos. Please tell your mom to get this done pronto.

:-)

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home