Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Sunday, April 30, 2006

I got a fever

And the only prescription is more My Space surfing! Holy friggin' crap am I addicted to My Space. I don't even have a "space" and I can't get enough of that place. Everyone and their proverbial mamas are on there. So far, I have been stalking catching up on all the former cast members of the Real World and Road Rules, my junior year organic chemistry lab partner, people I went to high school with, friends who were friends only because of the ex (aka big fat loser), and my ex brother in law (dude, is FINALLY out of the closet). I'm trying to figure out if my super-Catholic, holier than thou, "our family is perfect" ex-mother-in-law is more proud of her oldest son- the bartending college drop-out or her youngest son- the flaming homosexual. Unfortunately, that question will remain unanswered as she is one of the few people in this world NOT on My Space. I'm more proud of the flaming homosexual. Girlfriend looks hot!

Anyhoo, while perusing My Space, I came upon the space of a former friend who, like me, is all about the husband and the kid. Her space is decorated with family photos, tales of playdates and vents about why Moose A. Moose and Zee can't have their own show on Noggin seeing as how they are the only two characters worth watching (give me the petition, I'll sign). In her "about" section she described her 2.5 year old daughter as beautiful (she is) and very intelligent (errr, what?). Come on people, can two and half year olds really be "very intelligent"? What constitutes a "very intelligent" two and a half year old? I mean, unless the girl is emplyed and pulling her own weight in the household or doing some linear algebra between counting from 1-10 and singing the alphabet song, is it ever fair to describe a two and a half year old as intelligent? Never mind "very" intelligent?

Or is the problem with me seeing as how I can think of lots of words to describe my fanulous Gavinator but "very intelligent" is not one of them?


3 Comments:

Blogger Just Passing By said...

Hi, I'm Melissa and 30 year old who is addicted to MySpace. I like to stalk I mean catch up on old friends and laugh I mean enjoy other people's lives.

2:16 AM  
Blogger karrie said...

I saw this and randomly searched for Ben Affleck after reading that he's in Boston right now. Seems legit, if a little bizarre.

11:01 PM  
Blogger TiVoMama said...

Are you sure you're not me? My two-year-old is ADDICTED to Moose & Zee. She even has a t-shirt. MySpace should be renamed MyCrack. I love it...

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home