Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Pop Quiz (and Crossroad Addendum)

What's more embarrassing?

A. Pumping at work and then, unbeknownst to you, buttoning up your shirt wrong so that half your bra is exposed only to be told by a male coworker (after about 30 minutes after your pumping session and after talking to about 10 people) that you "might want to do something about that".

OR

B. Finding out that "C"* from your Crossroad blog entry, ubeknownst to you, reads your blog and sends you an e-mail about aforementioned blog entry. Now while it is always a pleasure to hear from "C", I sort of felt like I was getting the "there, there, it was me, not you" talk 7 years later. "C" is a totally cool cat who, together with his lovely wife, is the coproducer of one of the most stunningly cute baby boys I have ever seen, but I have to say that it didn't take me long after moving to SC and sobering up to realize that "C" and I were meant for other people and that dude, I'm way to hot for him, man. :)

Hmmmmmmm...... you be the judge.

A little unknown fact about the Gavinator is that when he does something he knows he shouldn't and knows you're going to scold him for it or tell him "no" or anything else he definitely does not want to hear, he runs away with his hands over his ears so he can't hear you. Smart boy.

Imagine me, right now, running away with my hands over my ears.

____________________________________

*Addendum added: in re-reading the Crossroad blog entry, it became apparent to me that what the crossroad actually was came out to be as clear as mud. Short story made even longer, I could have moved away with ex (wrong path) or been true to how I felt- perhaps even vocalized those feelings which probably would have gone a little something like this-

Me- I like you
C- I like smoking pot

and then moved away to SC on my own all the while realizing much, much sooner that not only is it stupid to like someone who doesn't like you back, it is even stupider to like someone because they like you (right path). What can I say? Yet another reason to NOT make life altering decisions after 6 years of chronic binge drinking.

Relationships are give and take. Love and be loved. But first, you gotta love yourself and when I got that figured out, along came the husband. Perfect timing, really.

Oh well, you live, you learn and then you get LUVS.

No wait, don't get LUVS. They leak like a mo fo.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home