Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Kiddie Corral

Wow! My blog is controversial! Who knew? Not you and until last Friday night, not me either. Turns out the hubby didn’t care for my “Drowing in a river” blog entry. I noticed I was getting a bit of the “cold shoulder a la Lloyd” last week after I posted the blog entry and it is well known to me that the cold shoulder is the first stage in his 5 stages of anger. The other four stages are:

DENIAL- “Me? Mad? Noooooooooo.”

DEPRESSION- “I’ll be right back. I’m going to the liquor store.”

ACCEPTANCE- “I am mad! You had no right to write that for all the world to see.” Side note: Ummm, hon, I’m flattered but check the site meter. The whole world ain’t reading my blog. Dooce I am not.

BARGAINING- “I’m sorry. You’re right. You’re always right. How about we get that fence you wanted?”

I have wanted a fence (aka the material good that is going to save my husband’s sanity and therefore my marriage) for over a year now. Gavin loves to be outside but he runs around like a wild animal and playtime outside usually results in us chasing him up and down the street and being worried sick that he is going to run out in front of a car. Never mind the fact that dude will not listen and when it is time to go inside he takes off running away from our house and I’m stuck dragging him kicking and screaming and all of his toys he took with him the ½ mile back to our house every night. Also, Grace is almost 11 months old and will be up walking within the next couple of months and I guarantee that as soon as she is able, she will be going in the complete opposite direction of her big brother every chance she gets.

I figure our options are for me and Lloyd to clone ourselves or get a fence and corral the kiddies in. After seeing what happened to Dolly the sheep, we gave the fence guy a call and is coming to give us an estimate on Friday and hopefully the fence will be put up soon thereafter. We’re totally broke so we’ll be mastercharging it all the way but I break it down something like this:

Chain link fence: $1200.00
Labor: $480.00
Corralling your children in your backyard so you can lounge on patio furniture and drink mojitos while dodging telephone calls from the creditors: Priceless.


2 Comments:

Blogger Just Passing By said...

Controversial. Ok, that's funny.

Good luck with the fence. Sounds like an excellent idea.

1:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read http://www.adipex-com.info

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home