Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Wonder Goose

Are your kids hip to the The Wonder Pets, yet? Well, the Gavinator is and he. is. hooked. Hooked, I tell you. H, double O, ked.

I think the husband has been letting him watch it for a few weeks but this past Saturday it came on and he dragged me over to the television so he could sit on my lap and tell me all about it:

"Panda bear!!! Paaaaaaanda Beeeeeeeaaaaarrr!!!! Wonder Pets!!!"

I dug it immediately. For one, we all know I am a fuh-reak about music and something about the operettas in The Wonder Pets struck a chord with me (pun intended) and for two, the graphics are reminiscent of an acid trip I once took my senior year of college.

Seriously. Watch The Wonder Pets and try to look away from the screen. Try it. I dare you.

You can't. You can't look away from the screen and when you can't, imagine that I'm sitting right next to you telling you "I told you so."

Also, the show focuses on getting along with others and empathy and those are two issues the Gavinator can certainly use heaping doses of. Grace has sported far too many black eyes in the shape of Thomas the Tank Engines in her 15 month lifetime. Something needs to be done and who I am to step in and parent when The Wonder Pets can do the deed for me?

I revently discovered that Wonder Pets were available on You Tube and since the Gavinator was sick last night, I let him sit hypnotized in front of the computer for much of the evening.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

While Grace isn't interested in any television- including The Wonder Pets- she took great delight last night when big brother put his bath towel on her and proclaimed "WONDER PETS!!!!!!!" while she ran laps around our house. She had no idea why she was wearing the towel on her head or why it brought big bro such great joy and prompted cries of "WONDER PETS!!!" but she was very happy to just be included in the fun.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



For those of you not hip on the glory that is The Wonder Pets, they wear capes:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Labels: , ,


7 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Amber found this show when we were out of town and away from the TiVo. She liked it, but I thought it was the weirdest thing I had every seen. George and I marvel at the animation. He cant stand South Park, because it is nothing but a bunch of circles.

I must be too old, because I cant get into these cartoons. I just ask too many questions. If the pets are so wonder, why must they live in a classrooms? I figure it is their cover, but cant they find a better cover at someone's house. Why are they in a flying sailboat? I thought having a "bat" phone was great.

I am just happy that we have moved on from Dora. I swear I was going to jump through the screen and strangle her myself.

10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never heard of Wonder Pets.

Max likes to race out of the bathroom post-tub, with his 'cape'(hooded towel) flowing behind him, and screaming 'wheeeeeeeeeeee', so I bet he would enjoy them.

6:15 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

We watch The Wonder Pets. Well the kids do. I do not think I have actually watched it. I know the theme song though...

Wonder Pets, Wonder Pets, we'll help you...

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My three year old daughter loves the Wonder Pets - so much that when we are playing with other kids she loves to shout out "I'm coming to rescue you!!!!!!!!!!!!" She also loves to sing the theme song on the top of her lungs when swinging on the swings! Oh - and also the other day when our phone rang she said "The phone, the phone is ringing!"

So, yes, we like the Wonder Pets, too!

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the animation, but the songs get stuck in my head until I want to stick a fork in my head.

It's a love hate thing. I really really loved them in the beginning. Just like you. Just wait. You'll hear "teamwork....everybody work....TEAMWORK!" one too many times.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Linka72 said...

I'm sitting here all jealous that Goose's outfit is cuter than ANYTHING I have in my closet..look at those faboo cords!!!
Humph..I'm leaving

3:24 PM  
Blogger Amanda. said...

Thanks, Linka! I can't take any credit for the duds; they're all hand-me-downs from my nieces. Hand-me-downs or not, my kids ALWAYS dress better than me!

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home