Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Shopping

The husband had the day off today so we could go shopping!! Woo hoo!! I know this may seem like just an ordinary outing to some of you but considering we never go shopping and/or I'm always home alone with the kids on the weekends and rarely contemplate going shopping, never mind actually go shopping, this is big deal. To me anyway.

We bought outfits for the kids to wear for their Christmas portraits. Portraits for which I still need to make an appointment. Portraits that need to be taken, developed, picked up, and mailed out all within a week before 12/25.

Note to self: call portrait studio!!

For the Goose, we bought this dress. I think it looks nice online but it looks beautiful in real life. I got this shirt to wear under it. The dress hides the print so I'm glad we didn't have to get just an ordinary black shirt that she would probably never wear again to go under it. This way, she can rock the faux jewelry look.

The Gavinator got this shirt and he'll be wearing it with the black cords he wore in last year's portrait.

I know, the giys always get the shaft when it comes to fashion but there is so much cute stuff for girls and the boy stuff is "eh" at best. Unless I wanted him to dress up like an athlete or a lumberjack, the boys' department was slim pickings.

We also got them their Christmas pajamas since they were two for twenty: Gavin and Grace.

Not to be outdone, I bought something for myself!!! I bought jewelry to go with my holiday party dress. I got this (only in black... they are all out online and I got the last black necklace in the store... booyah) with matching earrings (they don't have any available online but they are a dangling hunk of one of the pieces of the necklace). My dress should be here tomorrow so I can see how they all look together. Since my dress is strapless and I'm boobless, I wanted something kind of chunky to draw attention up and away from the place where boobs should be.

Yes, yes, I know. Tis the season to give to others but I just needed to knock this out before I can start sending Old Navy gift cards out to all those on my holiday shopping list!

I like Old Navy. More than just a little.

Labels:


9 Comments:

Blogger zozosmamma said...

All very cute Amanda. I may need to look for that dress for Zoë, since it is not to Christmassy for Chanuka parties!!! I wish we had forever 21 here :(

9:22 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I just wish I had the body for Forever 21.

We were at the mall, today, too. However, we didnt find what we were looking for at the Old Navy store. Although, we did pick up our usual at Hickory Farms. Yummmm! I guess that explains the body.

Total agreement about the boys clothes. I dont know if Gavin is too big for Babies R Us, but I have found some cute stuff for Sam there. And why does everything for the boys have to have sports, trucks, trains, etc on it.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Vienna said...

We just got Jack's portraits done today. Success! I'll try to remember to send you the Sears photo link. Jack wore a cutesy little outfit with brown cords, a button down shirt (one we borrowed from another outfit because the shirt that came with the outfit had sleeves that were 3 inches too short) and a SWEATER VEST(!) with a train on it. Choo-choo!

I love the holiday dress, and agree with Wendy about the body. I'm more like "Might as well be 50" than "Forever 21."

10:12 PM  
Blogger Vienna said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Vienna said...

I tried to send you the link to the outfit at Target, but it didn't work. Let's just say it's cute, mmmkay?

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww.. they will be soo cute! And I am sure you will look hot in that smokin’ dress!

11:03 PM  
Blogger Amanda. said...

HAH! It remains to be seen if I have the body for Forever 21! The dress doesn't get here until today or tomorrow. Even if it looks like crap on my "ten more months of 31" body, I'll post pics.

I like BRU, too, but I usually go to Old Navy because it is one stop shopping for the whole family. I know, I should do ON commercials!

Vienna, e-mail me the link at akisahottie@hotmail.com.

Thanks, Sunny, adn you all KNOW I will post tons of pictures!

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The dress for G2 is gorgeous!

You did a good job finding a festive shirt for G1 as well.

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Leonard said...

This was great to read thank you.

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home