Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Feel the love

Another Love Thursday has rolled around and you know what? Either my dosage of Zoloft has been up to the point that I am numb or the kiddos constantly acting like rabid ferrets fighting over a blob of peanut butter has finally gotten to me because I am just not feeling the love.

I mean, sure, I LOVE my kids and my husband and my friends and my family but I'm not feeling especially lovey dovey if you catch my drift. Sure, I could not do a Love Thursday post and just do a standard "dear God please help me not sell my kids to gypsies" post but I did take a picture last night- the last picture I took before Gavin threw my camera onto the ground and broke it- that pretty much sums up the kind of unconditional love I feel for my kiddos:

Day 35: Outtake or aka why I'll never master photoshop

Because if I can grow 'em, nourish 'em, raise 'em, play with 'em, and do everything I possibly can FOR THEM and they still climb all over me and pull my hair and grab at the boobages when all I want to do is spend five minutes on the Photoshop doing a little something just for ME and I still manage to not sell them to the gypsies?

Then that is love.

Happy Love Thursday.

Labels: , , , ,


10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someday, the kiddos will appreciate all the unconditional love - probably when their future children terrorize them!

Hang in there!! :)

8:53 AM  
Blogger Pregnant In Texas said...

Just wanted to give you a little, "AAAAAA-men". To be able to not trade our kids in for (in my case, a dog) is the ultimate act of love.

On a side note: I've been feeling like my Zoloft hasn't been working very well, either. Have you ever thought about switching SSRIs?

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, that is indeed love! I think Heather hit the nail on the head - it'll be appreciated when your kids are crying to you about how THEIR kids are treating them!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Indeed!

10:32 AM  
Blogger PastormacsAnn said...

Amen and amen.

Hope you get that 5 minutes to yourself today. Happy LT.

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with ya Sister! I am counting down the days until August when BOTH of mine will be in preschool and I will get 2 mornings a week (Holy crap, that's 6 full hours) to myself! Whatever will I do with the time??? :)

3:28 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Oh yea! I quit my job last May to stay home with my 3 and 5 year old full time. HOW glad was I when said 5 year old went to full-day kindergarten? There are no words. HOW sad am I that he's been home sick for two days, will probably be sick tomorrow and Monday is a school holiday? There are no words! YOU are a SAINT woman! A SAINT! Hoping that next week is tons more lovely!

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor kid has no idea he just forfeited his "favorite kid" position by breaking that camera. ; )

4:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohh, kids are really not the most grateful creatures, or the most 'respectful to your things' creatures, but they may be the most loving! :)

8:24 AM  
Blogger Amanda. said...

Thanks for reading/posting, everyone.

PIT, no I have never thought about switching meds. Vitamin Z is my friend. I may go a little wonky at times but the benefits far outweigh any negatives.

LOL @ Dawnie Marie and toruguita.

Thanks again, everyone.

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home