Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Monday, May 07, 2007

Mini Me's

I think one of the scariest things about being a parent- besides, ummmm, you know, the whole tiny life being totally and soley dependent on you thing- is when you see your children beginning to look and act like you. Really, the look thing I can handle because while it is freaky to look at the Goose and totally and completely see myself, it is quite another to have my child act like me.

While the Goose may look exactly like me, the Gavinator is all me. From his OCD to his sensory issues to inability to listen to Stevie Wonder without dancing..... the boy is me made over. Which is kind of cool when he I see him happy and smiling and waving hello to strangers and offering hugs and kisses when someone is sad and hurt but it is really, really scary when I see his short fuse and the way he freaks out when something isn't going his way or when his sister is in his way. I know that freaking out is standard preschooler behavior but it is the way in which he freaks out.... the way he sounds..... what he says.... how his eyes open wide..... it's all me.

But the markers down his pants? All daddy, I'm sure.

Quick draw

Labels: , ,


4 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

He is very pleased with himself, eh?

11:18 AM  
Blogger Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

That picture made me giggle! So silly.

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm... Holy Cow! You are not doing 365 anymore? :( I don't have a flicker account, but I have gone to yours everyday to see what you'd come up with and have enjoyed it immensely!!!!!!! I will check back here ofter though.

11:48 PM  
Blogger san said...

wow. that must be kind of scary, i agree ;)

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home