Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Haters no more

The ultra-fantabulous, awesome, beautiful, best-holiday-dress-evah-that-I-can-afford arrived yesterday and apparently Forever 21 is not just a clever name because I could barely squeeze my birthing hips and post partum belly in the damn thing.

Now granted, the dress was a size medium so I could probably order the large and fit into it but sorry, I am a big fan vanity sizing and if I can find a dress in a smaller size that actually fits, then color me vain because I'm going to do it. When I was in Kansas City I almost bought a dress for the party off the sale rack at Ann Taylor that was a size 6 and still had plenty of room for the massive amounts of prime rib and wine I plan on consuming at the party. Now I'm kicking myself for not buying it. Not while wearing the dress, of course. I could barely breathe in the stupid thing much less kick my own ass.

Oh well, anyone know where I can find a Forever 41?

Click to enlarge (if you dare). The picture turned out blurry so apparently even the camera was afraid of focusing on me in skin-tight red!

No way no day


Looking at the spawn one half of the guilty party responsible for my birthing hips and belly, therefore making me unable to shop at Forever 21!


Hello belly

Labels: , ,


11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm jealous. I could NEVER ever fit into that dress, OR look good in it.

I like it!

8:15 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

Ooooh, Amanda, you're gorgeous! Great dress!

Blast those beautiful little babies for distorting our figures, graying our hairs, and wrinkling our brows. How dare they! :P

8:33 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

I have spawn too. Want to know what they did to me? Gave my God awful stretch marks. As in I need surgery to correct it. Sagging skin. Badly.

One of the downfalls of being short. The babies only have one way to go....out. And skin only stretches so much before it is damaged. Severly.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

You still look hot even if the dress is a little snug!

10:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I too am guilty of shopping at Forever 21, but have recently banned myself from the store. I just can't wear juniors stuff anymore. *sobbing* Growing up sucks.

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks good girl! Sport those birthing hips proudly! ;)

10:13 AM  
Blogger alimum said...

You look gorgeous, but if you are looking for a little extra confidence, the secret to shopping at such places is to wear SPANX or other body shaping undergarment underneath. Seriously, a good pair of "shaper stockings" smooths out the bulges and makes you look better than a 21 year old (Tyra Banks claims to wear two pairs of Spanx under everything...how she manages to do that for the Victoria's Secret shoots is a mystery to me).

Oh, and stand up straight (can you tell I have become a mother...although the fact that I am advocating wearing a girdle type device makes me sound more like my grandmother).

3:26 PM  
Blogger Thomas said...

The British Standards Institute is hoping to do away with this practice by using actual measurements in centimeters . I have been ready for this new labelling since 1983, when my body measurements "went metric", in that I used centimeters instead of inches. This was 20 years before BS-EN13402 was drafted, which calls for a pictogram with measurements in centimeters.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Amanda. said...

Thanks everyone. You all are too kind...

and BLIND. Very, very blind.

I am busting out of that dress. One false move and the person sitting across from me would be splattered with black lace and a flower. I do need some spanx... perhaps 5-6 pairs... and I do need to stand up straight!

Thomas, say it isn't so! They aren't really going to do away with vanity sizing, are they?

6:32 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

You look terrific! And yes, sign me up for that "Forever 41" also!

9:35 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

You look friggin' awesome. Also I love your fridge in the background. Mine is like that but the stuff goes all the way done because my kids stick stuff on there themselves.

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home