Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

More "Boobs on a Plane"

File this under flight attendants who need a serious ass whooping:


That’s when Gillette noticed the lone flight attendant holding out a blanket, telling Gillette that she needed to cover up. “I was holding my shirt closed with one hand. There was literally not a bit of my breast exposed,” she says. “I was being as discreet as possible.” When Gillette refused, Gillette says the flight attendant responded; “You are offending me. You need to cover up.” Gillette refused again. Gillette says the flight attendant huffed off, and returned with a ticket agent, who told the family that they were being thrown off the plane. The stunned Gillettes gathered their things and started moving toward the door. “Gillette started quietly crying,” says Elizabeth Beopple, Gillette’s Vermont-based lawyer. “She was so humiliated. As they left the plane, the fight attendant was standing there, and Gillette said in tears, ‘Why are you doing this?’ ” According to the Gillettes, the flight attendant pointed to the door and said, “Get off the plane.” One of the copilots followed them out and apologetically explained that he could not overrule the flight attendant’s decision. “He said, ‘I’m so sorry. I have two children, and there’s nothing I can do about this…The same way that I have control over the cockpit, she has control over the passenger area.’”

Labels: ,


7 Comments:

Blogger Abby said...

Those are the kind of women who keep other women down.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This still makes me so effing mad. But the good news? Bill H.R. 2122 - The Breastfeeding Promotion Act to be introduced by Rep. Carolyn B. Maloney (D-N.Y.)once the house is back in session. Write to your reps!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I hate when people use their power for evil. It angers me that it seems that only the flight attendant was offended and no one else. I think she should grow the hell up. I dont get this whole thing, "I am offended, so you must stop what you are doing". There are so many things that offend me in this world, like Walmarts, parents smacking their kids, parents yelling profanity at their kids, smelly people, people on cell phones, but mostly stupid people. However, if I ever tell anyone to stop it would be considered rude and none of my business.

It is a shame that we need government regulation to protect something that is natural between a mother and baby, toddler.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

This whole thing is still pissing me off. Who gave her the right to tell a parent that she can't feed her kid?

12:15 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

I was treated like that recently by an airline employee. Fortunately the only harm was to my dignity, but I really hated flying this last time. I was holding my breath until I got out of the airport. Just a bad vibe these days.

4:10 PM  
Blogger alimum said...

I got an automated email from delta which explained that, due to the unusually high volume of email they were experiencing, they apologized for being unable to personally address my concerns.

11:44 PM  
Blogger Amanda. said...

What happened to you Alicia, if you don't mind me asking?

What did you write alimum?

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home